Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Hotel Palomar

Hoangtv
By Hoangtv,
in

Hello, I'm new to betterbidding. What is the chance I get the Omni hotel in Dupont circle? Based on the reviews it looks like a very nice hotel for my family and 2 kids. We are planning to stay 9/6 to 9/11. What strategy should I use? Thank you for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure if you're planning on bidding for one room or two, but be aware that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy per room... after that it's at the descretion of the hotel. It's possible that you're assigned to a room with only one bed and the hotel may not be able, or willing, to accomodate your needs for a room with two beds (and if they are there may be an additional charge)

HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and is often a better option if you're trying to target a specific hotel as you can take a guess as to what you may likely receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase. The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts (and questions) as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let su know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started at $85

added Crystal City and bid $90

added DC Suburbs and bid $95

added Bethesda and bid $100

added Mount Vernon and bid $105

added Silver Spring and bid $110 ... And no luck.

Should I try again tomorrow. Do you think the price would come down?

I can't say if the price will go down... or up, between now and your stay.

Do you specifically need to be in the Dupont Circle zone or are any other zones acceptable... such as White House-Downtwn, Convention Center-Capitol Hill, as the more zones you include the more hotels have the ability to accept your bid. Is your budget firm and/or would you consider lowering your star rating?

The dates overlap so i've merged your two threads... have you decided to cut your trip a few days shorter OR are you looking to split your stay between two different properties?

The Dupont Circle property is a match for the Omni Shoreham so that would be my best guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

So I ended up going to HOTWIRE just to be sure I'll get Palomar, and GOT IT!

$112/night from 9/6 to 9/8 with amenities described as Restaurant, Pool, Business, High Speed, Fitness. I also noticed the price dropped to $109 for the same dates and same amenities right after I made my reservation.... Oh well!

I need to find another hotel for 9/8 to 9/9. I'll keep looking.... :)

I used the HOTWIRE link on this site.

Thank you!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

If you'd like help with the remaining nite of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy this leg of your trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]