Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Kensington-Chelsea-Knightsbridge) Holiday Inn Knsngtn Forum

benjaminny
By benjaminny,
in

Hotel Name: Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

Zone: Kensington - Chelsea - Knightsbridge

Sub-Zone: Near Natural History Museum

Price: $69/night

Date: 6/4/09-6/6/09

Amenities: Fitness center, business center, restaurant, high speed internet

----------

Absolutely appalled to have gotten a Holiday Inn. I have never had such a blatent misrepresentation of star-rating when using HOTWIRE. I think it's fair to say that no Holiday Inn should ever be billed "4-star". I have had the misfortune of getting stuck with an H.I. in the US, but only at 3* and 3.5* ratings, which is the chance you take. Not at 4*. Boo HOTWIRE.

Stands out like a sore thumb when looking for London hotel on Hotwire. Consider yourself warned.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the results, but European hotels are rated different than n the States, and Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity all rate this property 4*, so i don't think the HOTWIRE rating is necessarily out of line.

Feel free to ask for help before your next opaque purchase.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still, I think it would be more fair to not to list Holiday Inn as a 3* property in the "Potential brands" portion, then award it as a 4* where brands listed are Hyatt, etc.

I've booked 10-15 times with HOTWIRE, and more often than not, you get a brand a step lower than you would expect from the star-rating and I feel it's a shade of dishonesty, that's all.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]