Priceline Hotel: Help with San Francisco - USW Hotel Booking

Beantut
By Beantut,
in

I need to book 2 rooms for 3 nights - 8/27/09 - 8/30/09. Is it possible that the only 4* hotels in the USW area are the Westin St. Francis and the Grand Hyatt? Or is it possible that I will end up with another hotel? I know you can't choose the hotel, etc., but if I can narrow it down to these two, I will try and bid via the PRICELINE link today.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

A new Marriott hotel opened in the USE zone just a few weeks ago. It's the former Hotel 480.

The new Marriott, called the Marriott Union Square, hasn't been reported won on Priceline yet. But most Marriott's do participate and I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up any time.

If you'd still like to bid for a 4* in USE let us know your bidding limit and someone will suggest a strategy.

A new Marriott hotel opened in the USE zone just a few weeks ago. It's the former Hotel 480.

The new Marriott, called the Marriott Union Square, hasn't been reported won on Priceline yet. But most Marriott's do participate and I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up any time.

If you'd still like to bid for a 4* in USE let us know your bidding limit and someone will suggest a strategy.

Thanks for the info.

I tried to bid yesterday. Since I've seen the Westin St. Francis go for as low as $69, I thought I'd start at that range.

Bid $65, USE - Rejected

Added Civic Center area, Bid $67 - Rejected

Added Fisherman's Wharf area, Bid $69 - Rejected

Added South San Francisco area, Bid $71 - Rejected

I'd like to get the same $69, but would be willing to go up to $75. I will try again today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

I tried to bid yesterday. Since I've seen the Westin St. Francis go for as low as $69, I thought I'd start at that range.

Bid $65, USE - Rejected

Added Civic Center area, Bid $67 - Rejected

Added Fisherman's Wharf area, Bid $69 - Rejected

Added South San Francisco area, Bid $71 - Rejected

I'd like to get the same $69, but would be willing to go up to $75. I will try again today or tomorrow.

Did you know that you can get far more that 4 bids by using different combinations of free rebids? Go USE/Fishermans, USE/Civic, USE/South San Fran, USE/Marina, USE/Fishermans/Marina, USE Fishermans/Civic, etc., etc., etc.

The way to do this is to start your bid over each time (I click on car rentals and then back to hotels) or open a new window.

You still have a free rebid zone left, Beantut, namely Marina-Lombard.

If you don't want to wait 24 hours you can select USE+Marina-Lombard and try $75 now.

If you're rejected at $75 and want to bid higher you can add your other rebid zones again then, as chen suggested.

You might be bidding a little early for late August dates.

Please use this PRICELINE link. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]