Priceline Hotel: Resort Las Vegas (Henderson) Hyatt Lake Las Vegas

comfortable1
By comfortable1,
in

Rate at the Venetian are high for your dates and i'm doubtful you'll see 'bargains' at this hotel for this stay. How much to bid is going to boil down to how much you're willing to spend. If you give us a maximum bid amount we'll suggest a strategy to follow which gradually brings you up to that amount.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, but try the complete stay first and then split the dates.

You have 8 re-bids when bidding 5* in this zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding read this post, BIDDING AGAIN BEFORE 72 HOURS and feel free to ask any questions you may have. This is how i would proceed:

Select 5* Las Vegas Strip for 10/6-10/10:

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $170.

If the above is rejected close that browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Repeat the above for 10/7-10/10.

If rejected repeat for 10/6-10/8.

If rejected repeate for 10/8-10/10

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- when you re-bid, make sure that the Resort level is not checked. I believe if you bid Resort it will automatically select 5* when you re-bid, but not the other way around... just double check it to avoid any surprises.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay... sudden 180 degree change in destination as it became obvious I was not going to get the Venetian for less than $200. Thinking about going for one of the resorts:

Let me preceed this comment by stating I understand that I'm not bidding hotels. Having said that, the Hyatt Resort, Ritz and the JW Marriott have become very appealing (my wife doesn't want to stay on the strip unless it's 5*). Doesn't look like the Ritz is currently available thru priceline so that leaves the Hyatt and Marriott. All of the reviews make the Marriott sound better than the Hyatt but I noticed this website states Priceline is rating it at 2.5 stars but everywhere else has it at 4-5 stars? Based on what I've read I would actually prefer the Mariott but Hyatt would be okay as well. Anyhoo, I've still got that $170 cap (which should be plenty right?) but I'm not sure what my bidding strategy should be due to this star controversy.

If I'm bidding resorts only then they can't toss in a La Quinta that happens to have an above ground and a golf course with a windmill right?

To clarify, our PRICELINE LAS VEGAS HOTELS list shows the JW Marriott (in Northwest Las Vegas) as a Resort property, are you perhaps confusing it with the 2.5* rated Courtyard listed below it, or are we looking at two different things?

Since the Hyatt and the JW Marriott are in different zones, you can actually target one of them over the other, but i will add that i have heard very good things about the Hyatt (i don't know much about the JW Marriott).

Assuming that i'm not missing something regarding the rating of the JW Marriott that you are seeing (and it is indeed a Resort rated hotel), how much extra (if any) would the Marriott be worth to you over the price of the Hyatt?

Let us know about the 2.5* you're seeing for the Marriott and then we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

My bad... was looking at the rating for the next listing down:

Las Vegas (Northwest)

Resort J.W. Marriott REVIEW

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott Summerlin

Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, that Marriott resort is ranked much higher than the Hyatt on the tripadvisor website which I have found pretty reliable for reviews in the past. I value your opinion look forward to your response.

Thanks!

Yup, the reviews for the JW Marriott certainly do seem good!

But what about the price? Since these hotels are in different zones you could say "i'd only want the Hyatt if it's $xx cheaper than the JW Marriott" (or you may say "just get me whichever is less expensive).

Is the Marriott (or more precisely, a Resort level hotel in the Northwest zone of Las Vegas) worth more to you than the Hyatt (or more precisely, a Resort level hotel in the Henderson area)? If so, how much?

Frankly, based on room descriptions (Marriott bathroom sounds much nicer) and reviews I would prefer the Marriott Resort and am able to spend up to $170/night for my dates 10/6/2004 thru 10/10/2004 (Wed-Sun). I'm not sure that either property is worth $170 but that's my cap no matter where I stay. Quality is more important to me than price assuming it's under my cap so if Hyatt was $100 and Marriott was $140 I'd still go w/Marriott.

Am I losing anything by going to the Northwest vs. Henerson or are they pretty much the same in that they're removed from the strip?

OK then...

You have 7 re-bid zones when bidding resort. When you re-bid a resort hotel, if there are any 5* hotels in the zone the 5* box will automatically be checked off, but since you've already bid for 5* and were rejected at these levels and you'd be more than happy with a 5* on the strip, i've included the strip area as a re-bid zone.

Select Resort and the Northwest zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $110.

If rejected close the browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and the Northwest zone and re-bid zone6...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $140.

If rejected close the browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and the Northwest zone and re-bid zone7...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $170.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the above is rejected, close the browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and the Henderson zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $90.

Select Resort and the Henderson zone and re-bid zone6...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $120.

Select Resort and the Henderson zone and re-bid zone7...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone4 and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone5 and...

Bid $150.

If you stil fail after $150 report back (you can still bid again immediately) but i'm trying to save the typing if it's not necessary :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I got the Hyatt at $115 which I think is a good rate for my dates.

Didn't have any luck bidding the Northwest zone Resort -- after going to my max and still not getting a hit I called the Marriott reservation line and they said they're soldout for my last night. Based on that info I would assume that no bid would win assuming the Marriott is the only Resort location for this zone?

Anyway, thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes.

Glad to hear of your success (and hopefully your wife will be pleased).

Interesting that they said the hotel is sold out as i saw (and checked before i gave the above strategy) availability at the MARRIOTT website.

Please add some comments to our HOTEL REVIEWS and maybe even some pics to REAL HOTEL PHOTOS upon your return.

Have a great stay and good luck if you choose to gamble.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]