Priceline Hotel: Question About 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian $100

rck1
By rck1,
in

Hi

New to the board but have been reading it all night trying get get a few tips. I'd like to try Priceline for a 5* Las Vegas (Strip) hotel at $100 for the dates Monday 10/25 to Friday 10/29.

I noticed that a poster got similar dates (Tuesday 10-26 to Friday 10-29) for $100 per night.

5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian, $100 ... 10/26-10/29

Can I expect the same if I bid $100? What strategy would anyone recommend? Should I just start at $100 or start lower? From the link above, I couldn't tell whether the poster just bid $100 and it was accepted or whether he had to rebid.

Thanks in advance. Great site!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You might expect to win at a similar rate as the other user, but it may not be the case since that win was over two months ago.

I don't think $100 will currently be enough, but you can certainly try. First thing you should do though is read and understand PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED as this will give you the opportunity to bid more than once without having to wait the usually required 72 hours. Give that thread a read and feel free to ask any questions you have.

We'll be happy to supply a suggested strategy to follow (starting under $100 and working your way upwards), but is $100 your maximum bid or if you fail at $100 would you want to bid higher?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response thereuare.

I read the thread as you suggested and I think I understand re-bidding pretty well.

What can I expect to pay for those days? I'd like to book as soon as possible so I can keep my low cost options available for my flight from BWI (currently $198 on America West).

I really didn't want to go much over $100 or $120.

Thanks!

So with $120 as your maximum bid i would proceed as follows:

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $120.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From PRICELINE RE-BIDDING:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Bid $79, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $120.

I tried the above bid strategy with no luck. Should I wait 72 hours and try again or would you recommend a back up hotel that I can cancel and try again closer to my travel dates?

I'm also okay with a 4* (except the Westin) so maybe I should try Hotwire? Thanks.

Even if you choose to try again in 72 hours i would recommend a cancellable back-up. Monday (the first nite) appears to be the most expensive nite of this stay (at the Venetian) so you may also want to consider SPLITTNIG THE BID and trying the above strategy only for the last 3 nites of your stay... if successful then you could bid separately for the first nite of your stay (but obviously don't bid for the first nite unless you are accepted for the last 3 nites). Keep in mind that this could (likely) result in you having to change hotels during your stay.

Priceline is the one that has the 'problem' of getting the Westin, but if you're fine with that property, you can use either Priceline or Hotwire.

As for a back-up, i see Flamingo at $90/nite, Monte Carlo and Bally's both averaging out to $110-$120/nite.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]