Priceline Hotel: Have questions and need help

hummingbirdz
By hummingbirdz,
in

HI. New here.

I'm just watching HOTWIRE for now and checking forum.

I don't understand comments here about TA (trip advisor) in regards to HOTWIRE hotels.

I don't see any rating info other than Star rating, yet there are comments like "scale of 4/5" and # reviews.

I'm confused.

Also wondering if there are any conventions weekend of 10/3 to be aware of.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site.

Some HOTWIRE listings show tripadvisor.com ratings on the "more detail" page, some do not. On those listings that do, the TA rating can be used to help guess which hotel is showing. There are a few small-ish conventions that weekend.

Please provide exact dates of travel and budget if you would like further assistance.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Thank you for responding. We will have 3 adults for four nights 10/1-10/5/09 and hoping for an all suite hotel in NMA area near wedding reception at the Allerton (don't want to stay there though).

I'm having trouble determining hotels based on location and amenities and hoped that the # of TA reviews (if I can find the "more details" page) would help. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

I haven't seen any icons for suites, but not sure what it looks like!

Any additional suggestions and help appreciated. I'm afraid I'm too early to get a good deal yet.

As far as waiting to make a purchase see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What is your expected budget per nite? What would be a 'good' price that you would consider a deal? If you saw that would you purchase it now?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The issue with using PRICELINE is that you would not be guaranteed 2 beds. Additionally, while you are looking for the Omni, both HOTWIRE (and especially PRICELINE) are not good choices to go for a specific hotel (and, in the case of the Omni, that hotel is not seen terribly often on either service.)

When searching for 3 adults on HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a few 3.5-4.5* properties showing for between $175-225. Prices on these dates are pretty expensive - there are a bunch of smaller/mid-sized conventions happening on your dates.

Two recommendations:

1. Book Sutton Place Hotel on Orbitz.com for $206.64. Use coupon code deal0hotel for 10% off = $185.98 per night for a very nice 4* property in the Gold Coast. This would appear to be a refundable reservation, but check the fine print on the website for exact details. Using a coupon means that this reservation would not be under Orbitz.com's new "Price Assurance" policy.

2. Book the Hilton Suites for $206.10. This would be a non-refundable reservation.

The deal0hotel cannot be used for this hotel, but you would get Orbitz.com's new "Price Assurance" for hotels. see for details: http://www.Orbitz.com/pagedef/content/legal/priceAssuranceTCs.jsp?null&popupsDisabled=false

Both of these would be more than you wanted to spend, but they would be - I think - preferable choices to what HOTWIRE is currently offering for these dates for about the same price as HOTWIRE is offering comparable properties.

Please ask if you have any questions, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the site's PRICELINE, HOTWIRE or Orbitz.com links.

Given the prices above, i'd also suggest considering TWO rooms via HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE)

Searching HOTWIRE for 2rooms/3adults reveals a 4* hotel in the NMA-Water Tower zone for $99/nite per room with:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis

This is a match for the Avenue hotel which so far has received very good reviews. Again, a little higiher than you were wanting to spend, but it appears you wanted to some extra space, and this would provide more of that than a suite.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts regarding all the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for this and above recommendations. Adult daughter traveling with us and either 1 suite or 2 rooms fine. Prices a bit higher now than what I want to spend. I do have a suite booked at Fairfield Inn in downtown for $186(includes breakfast) that is refundable. Is the Hilton Suites property a whole lot nicer? If so, I'd spend a little more.

Thinking I should just wait and watch for now......

Hilton Suites is more upscale (3.5* vs 2.5* Fairfield), but it does not offer breakfast and the reservation would be non-refundable.

Thanks!! I'm going to wait and watch for a while. Hopefully I'll see a deal for fall when the season changes. I'd much rather have a more upscale hotel than the Fairfield, however the location is ideal, reviews fine, and breakfast a big plus.

Can this hotel be identified? Are there many 4/5* hotels Chicago?

4.5* Mag Mile-Streeterville

Amenities:

Fitness center

Restaurants

Business center

High speed internet available

There's a last minute special now for $83/night.

I don't plan to travel until October, but want to I.D. this hotel for future refernce.

Thanks!!

What zone and what dates did you input when you searched?

I didn't really do a search.

The star rating and price is featured on Hotwire's main page in area titled "our best hotel deals", and I chose option for Chicago.

The deal is just for the the next 4 days from now, so it's obviously a special last minute rate.

I just need to know which 4.5* hotels are in Mag mile/streeterville area with above amenities (for future reference).

Thanks!!

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]