Hotwire Hotel: Planning Vegas Trip - Please Help!

marmot3684
By marmot3684,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have the re-bidding concept understood but if you'd like to read more about it you can do so in this thread: RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED.

As far as what hotels you might get, you can look at what has already been reported in the PRICELINE LAS VEGAS HOTELS list. As far as the Hotwire hotel you saw, keep in mind that our HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST indicates that the star rating and amenities are the same as the NYNY Hotel... so that is a posibility as well (of course as well as some other hotel unknown to us).

The only 5* hotel reported on Priceline thus far is the Venetian and with rates at $499/nite i doubt they'll have given inventory or Priceline or Hotwire (at least not at rates we've become accustomed to). Whether you go with Priceline or Hotwire depends upon how particular you are about your hotel room. In my opinion, with Priceline your biggest 'risk' is the 4* Westin which has received mixed reviews and is actually slightly off the strip. If you're not willing to take that risk, Hotwire may be a better option as you can have a better idea of what you will receive... although it's certainly not guaranteed.

I like 'nice' hotels just as much as the next person, but i'm also all about value. Alhtough the Imperial Palace is probably slightly lower quality than the Tropicana, i would sooner stay at the IP at $90/nite (thru THIS LINK) than i would the Tropicana at $200/nite! (i might even take a $90 IP vs a $200+/Treasure Island (or NYNY)... but that's just me, i'd rather go spend an extra $100/nite on a nice dinner, bottle of win with dinner, gambling, a show, or just keep it in my pocket)

Let us know what you decide to do and we'll be happy to help further.

To assist in your decision, here are reviews of some of the hotels mentioned above:

WESTIN: REVIEW and MORE REVIEWS

IMPERIAL PALACE: REVIEWS

TROPICANA: REVIEWS

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again - I want to say Thank you so much for getting back to me. I went with the IP using the link you suggested...I agree that for $90 per night in a place you probably wont stay at a whole lot, you cant really lose. I'll repost again at the end of October when I get back and let you know how it went....and I've told all my friends about your site (even thought my parents are MSU Grads and would cringe at your icon)

Thanks again

John

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]