Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Oakland-Eastbay (Berkeley-Emeryville) Four Points Bay Bridge

moonunit
By moonunit,
in

Hi all! I'm a relative newb here, and I'm trying to book a 4* in Emeryville/Berkeley through either PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. I couldn't find ANY 4*s in these areas for either Priceline or Hotwire on the hotel lists, but both groups have them available, supposedly. Am I just the first one who's ever wanted to stay there or something? Any idea what might be out there?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There are few reasons why there may not be any 4* hotels reported to the board in this area...

-it could be a new hotel in the area which hasn't been won/reported yet

-there could ony be a couple (or just one) hotel in the area and they don't discount very much, so the higher cost of the 4* isn't worth it vs. the price of a 3*, and as users bids get high they decide to stop and either book direct or lower their star rating to a 3* (or 3.5* now that it's been added to the PRICELINE system)

The Claremont Resort in Berkeley is 4* rated by PRICELINE so that is at least one possibility... if you search HOTWIRE are any 4* hotels offered for your dates in this zone? What are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's only been a few months since Priceline introduced 4* bidding in Berkeley-Emeryville zone. Until then Berkeley zone only went as high as 2.5*. There just haven't been any 4* wins reported from there yet. Maybe you'll be the first?

The 4* is probably the Claremont, as thereuare suggests.

Thanks, guys! The travel date is next Tuesday, 10/28/08 for one night. Hotwire is also showing a 4* and I had assumed it was possibly the Claremont because it said it was a resort with golf, and a quick Google search popped that one up. It was showing terrible reviews because of the resort and parking adding another $48/night to the fee, and even lower * ratings on HOTWIRE have higher prices on that night.

I might just PRICELINE a 3.5 and see what happens one I have confirmed for sure that I need the hotel... I'll use your links and report back here what happens if I book a room. :)

• 6 months later...

New to posting wins, thanks for the assistance!

Started with $55 and 3* figuring it would probably be rejected, but was fine with 2.5* at same rate. As expected, had to back off the stars but the 2.5s in that area looked pretty nice and the location ended up being perfect for our needs!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]