Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Best Western Hospitality House

ikmon2000
By ikmon2000,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I wouldn't recommend using PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in NYC. HOTWIRE will still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, but i'm doubtful you're going to find anything for quad occupancy, in Times Square (or most midtown zones), at the 4* level for $120 or less.

You're likely going to have to "give" someplace... either in zone and/or star rating or your budget.

Let us know your thougtht and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Searching for quad occupancy in NYC greatly reduces thet number of results as many hotels can't accomodate quad occupancy or don't make quad occupancy available to the opaque suppliers, and that is likely why you're seeing any higher rated hotels on your search.

Best guess is that this is the HOTWIRE hotel you're seeing above is the Roosevelt. The number of reviews shown by HOTWIRE is a little more than is actually be shown by Tripadvisor at the moment, and while this does put a little shadow of doubt over this ID, i have seen this a few times recently and still think the Roosevelt is the best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you identified the 3.5* MTC property on HOTWIRE?

the MTC property is 3.5* with non smoking, fitness ctr, restautant, high speed internet and business ctr. I think from looking at the hotel list that this is the Sheraton. Do you agree?

So the decision comes down to the roosevelt for 129 or the sheraton for 159? We are going to be there from 6/21-6/24 and want a great location for sight seeing without a car.

Not sure which Sheraton you're refering to, but i think it's the Sheraton New York (and not the Sheraton Manhattan)... both the Sheraton and the Roosevelt are a 'mixed' bag, but of the two i'd take the Roosevelt. Overall the reviews are better and it has a very good location... the fact that it's less expensive just makes it an easier decision. :)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The two Sheratons are located about two blocks from each other, so the locations are nearly identical. Searching HOTWIRE for your dates the 3.5* offering in this zone shows a Tripadvisor rating of 3.5/5.0 with 820+ reviews which would indicate that this is most likely the Sheraton New York.

The Sheraton New York is the better of the two properties, but for the reasons stated above, i thin i would still lean towards the Roosevelt.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I think you can wait a day or two... you still have some time and the other option is still there should "push come to shove".

Keep us updated... and thanks for helping spread the word regarding BetterBidding and what we're doing in this little corner of the internet :)

Checked today on Hotwire and the MTE 3* has gone to 144. There now is a MTC 3* for 128 with pool, internet, resturant, fitness. I think its the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St.( Do you agree and do you have any opionions of this property?)

One other question is Hotwire now shows 2 hotels in the area. How do I know which one has amenities and travel advisor rating listed?

Yes, best guess for the MTC prperty would be the Holiday Inn 57th St.

I've never stayed here personally, but my feeling in regards to most Holiday Inn properties is "you know what you're getting"... nothing spectacular, but it will likely be clean and basic. While i usually would prefer to stay more 'midtown', the location here is good as you're just a short walk to a few subway lines, as well well as Central Park (which the kids might like to run around in)

I'm not really sure what you're asking regarding two hotels being shown in the area... HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star rating in each zone... can you clarify what you're asking?

That's just telling you the number of hotels offered within in each zone.

If you scrolled thru all the hotel offerings (on the right/main part of the screen) you would see the details for the two hotels which are offered in this zone (but they would be different star ratings since HOTWIRE only offers one hotel per star rating per zone).

Does this clarify it for you?

I found a 3* MTE for 159 for 6/21-6/24 2 kids and 2 adults with smoke free, internet, suite, laundry, breakfast,,restaurant, kitchenette

I think is the Best Western Hospitality House but the hotel list shows that property as a 2*. If it is that property could you give me your thoughts on it please!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Everything points to this being the Best Western Hospitality House, upgraded from last reported at the 2* level. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the Best Western, but even if it's not, you're getting a hotel that is 4.5/5.0 user rated at Tripadvisor, so at least you know that guests are satisfied with this property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]