Priceline Hotel: Dallas downtown bidding help

bubblls
By bubblls,
in

I'm looking for 4* Dallas Downtown Sunday 5-3-09 to Wednesday 5-06-09. There are NO 4* in Grand Praire, DeSoto, Lewisville, Allen-McKinley and no 3* in De Soto. The recent bids to win show a range of 30-81 for Hyatt Regency and 28 for Crown Plaza Park Center. I'd like a pool, king non-smoking room and near Kennedy Museum if possible. Any suggestions as I'm leaving this weekend?

(If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cats)

Bubblls

If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cats.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There are NO 4* in Grand Praire, DeSoto, Lewisville, Allen-McKinley and no 3* in De Soto...
I don't see any "Desoto" zone in this region so i'm not sure which zone you're refering to (and therefore can't confirm if this is a re-bid zone for you or not). Actually, you have NINE re-bid zones at the 4* level and SIX re-bid zones at the 3.5* level.
I'd like a pool, king non-smoking room and near Kennedy Museum if possible
You can't guarantee a pool with a PRICELINE hotel, nor a non-smoking room, and your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded region of the boundaries of the zone you select. If you''d like to ensure that your hotel has a pool, and take an educated guess as to the location before your purchase, HOTWIRE can be a better option since you can often identify the property before based upon the amenities shown to be associated with the property offered.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

"You can't guarantee a pool with a PRICELINE hotel"

Hmmm, I'm willing to chance it on Priceline. And since it is a room for one, I'm thinking "downtown" is close enough to the Kennedy museum. So, what recommendations do you have for bids?

Worse, I have not idea where I got DeSoto (Maybe Hotwire or a brain fart) So I double checked the Dallas area Priceline map just now and found the following LOWER star areas:

1-2 Arlington South

1-2.5 Grand Prairie

1-3 Allen McKinley, East Dallas Mesquite, Hurst-Euless-Bedford,Lewisville

1-3.5 Arlington Grand Prairie, DFW Airport South, Dallas NorthWest,

I want to visit the museum and spend time laying by a pool have drinks brought to me. I'm guessing a 4* can handle that. And I can't believe there is a 4* without a pool. Do you think there is? I saw where the Joule's pool is being redone and closed till mid May.

Suggestion? ? ? ? ?

Regarding a pool, i can't say if there a 4* properties without one, but it's not a requirement for PRICELINE to rate a property 4*, so it's not guaranteed that the 4*hotel you receive will have a pool.

You have your NINE re-bid zones correct.

So that we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you are willing to pay, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Darn, I thought I'd put that. Just spoke to my husband who is the one making the trip. He isn't comfortable with not know if there is a pool so we booked starwood points for his stay. I appreciate your time and assistance and want to get into using PRICELINE. Perhaps for the next trip. Oh, I will post about my failed bid on a hotel outside Dallas as an FYI. Thanks again.

HOTWIRE may still be an option as they will show you if the hotel has a pool (based upon the amenity icons shown before your purchase) and, also based upon the amenities shown, you can often take an educated guess as to what the property being offered is before your purchase... perhaps that woudl work for this stay if you want to save the points, or in the future if if there is a certain amenity you need the hotel to have.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]