WDW area hotel review - taxis limited on-site

wishful
By wishful,
in

Sometime in the last month I read a WDW hotel review somewhere about a hotel that didn't allow you to call for a cab - you could only catch the "contracted" cabs out front. I think this also affected how you arranged for transportation to/from the airport if you needed it. I can't find the review now.

I wanted to find out the name of this hotel so I could tell a friend what bidding zone/star level the hotel is.

The review writer mentioned things like the hotel was across the street from a drugstore and s/he had to buy something (medicine?) but the way the grounds were laid out it was too far to walk at the time and the highway would be hard to cross, so she had to catch a cab and it was $14 each way - possibly there was a $10 mininum per cab ride also?

The description reminded me of the hotel on the 192, SE of WDW, that is set back from the highway, the Radisson(?), but I never read anything like that about that hotel before...

Sound familiar to anyone?

Wishful

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

Found out the hotel was the JW Marriott in Orlando, it is not a known Priceline hotel, so we don't have to worry :)

Wishful

p.s. thanks thereuare

Looking to see how far I can make 4.95 days of vacation go...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]