Canada Montreal InterContinental Hotel

Ippo456
By Ippo456,
in

Great location:

Metro accessible from hotel (Victoria Square Metro stop) & Old Montreal is right behind the hotel. Even if you don't want to take the Metro or walk, any downtown location doesn't cost more than CAN$10 of a cab ride from the hotel. Connected to the hotel is a small mall, where it has a money changer (the best rates I came across so far) & a good food court to have affordable breakfast if you don't want hotel breakfast. Old Montreal has great eating places & when the weather is warm enough, you can take a horse-drawn carriage ride by the pier. Don't miss out Cirque du Soleil, which is now playing in a tent, set up by the pier. St. Catherine, the shopping area, is also within walking distance. W hotel, which is across Intercontinental, has a good club/lounge area. Garde Manger, a premiere Montreal restaurant owned by a chef who is a regular on the Canadian Food Network, is within walking distance in Old Montreal.

Decor:

Given that the hotel was undergoing renovation, the lobby looks like a furniture store. Renovation should be complete before summer of 2009. But other than that, the hotel room is very spacious, comfortable beds, at least a 40" flat-screen TV, and nice bathroom. One little thing though, the housekeeper didn't clean the bathtub properly, but I didn't mind as I used the separate shower instead. 24-hour gym and it DOES have a pool (sometimes Hotwire tells you that the hotel doesn't have a pool). Because of the renovation, the business centre was not done yet, so I had to opt for in-room internet access, which was CAN$15/24 hours.

• 2 years later...

Stayed at the Intercontinental in August 2011. You can tell that this is well built hotel that has been very nicely renovated. The "corner king - inspiring" room that we had (Hotwire, 4.5*) was the quietest hotel room I can remember. The only thing not updated was the bathroom but this was a very nice bathroom at the time of construction and was all marble and quite sastisfactory, just not quite as contemporary as the rest of the decor. There is a pool on the 10th floor, as the previous post indicates, and there is an outdoor terrace at the 10th floor as well which is nice in August. Intercontinental still charges for internet it seems but I just used on iPhone on 3G so this was not a problem. There is a very busy concierge and business center as well if required. I would recommend this hotel for access to St Catherine St West and Old Montreal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]