Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center South) Nh Musica

choppergirl999
By choppergirl999,
in

Hi everyone, :)

Thank you for all the wonderful info I have been reading in the various forums.....(yes, I have actually looked through many forums for an answer before I post!).

I am travelling to the Netherlands in less than two weeks and now that I feel I am prepared to bid, I can't seem to get Priceline to let me bid on say, Utrecht or Rotterdam, I don't get the option to "Name Your Price" as it just brings up all the available hotels showing the PL rate offered. When I leave Amsterdam in as my search area and insert 2*, it does the same thing.down some of the smaller places that I am visiting. It then indicates Amsterdam - Schipol etc.

I started bidding on Amsterdam hotels, no brainer, good deals to be had .....and I get it. <not yet committed to any deals yet>

Am I missing something? <stress headache starting in my neck!> :)

I just entered "Rotterdam" in the search box on the top right corner of this page and was brought to the "Name Your Own Price" option for that city.

There is no bidding currently avaialble for Utrecht.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

I am a newb....but have read many of the FAQ forums with no answer to my question. In 10 days, I am travelling to the Netherlands and in addition to Amsterdam, would like to bid on some of the hotels in places like Rotterdam, Utrecht, etc. (I know there are some very nice hotels in these areas and would love to NOT commute!

The option to "Name Your Price" does not come up for these areas even when I lower the star rating to 2+. I am hesitant to bid as it looks like I could unknowingly be doing a long commute from Amsterdam to these places.

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you BB Pros!!!

:)

I just entered "Rotterdam" in the search box on the top right corner of this page and was brought to the "Name Your Own Price" option for that city.

There is no bidding currently avaialble for Utrecht.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.....guess I was doing something wrong. Could you offer a suggestion on how I would bid on accommodation in Utrecht or am I stuck with whatever they offer at the time on their site?

Welcome.

Priceline is showing 4* 3* and 2* available for name your own price in Rotterdam.

PRICELINE

Looks like there is only one zone.

The 4* will probably be the Westin.

Not much recent data anywhere I can find.

Looks like there is no 'name your own price option' available for Utrecht which is surprising considering there are several Nh Hotels in the city.

Maybe another member will pitch in.

You might try entering a nonsense city name in Priceline - i.e. xxx. That will take you to a screen that says: Please confirm the city name or airport code for the location where you would like to stay. If you are having trouble spelling the name of the city you want, click here to see our complete list of cities. The "click here" is highlighted and is a hot link that will take you to a full list of available cities in Priceline.

I was going to suggest also trying Hotwire for Utrecht, but it seems they don't currently have any offerings for that city. Very loosely, bidding with Priceline can yield a better deal than Hotwire, but Hotwire might be able to yield a better deal than the retail side of Priceline. A moot point though when Hotwire doesn't carry the city.

Romelle

Update....well, all in all, I think I just proved my "newbness". I have to admit that I am surprised at how fast this all went.

I initially bid 60 on a 5* (City Centre - Museum Qtr) but was rejected. I know NOW I should have just ADDED a zone and left my bid at 60 and tried that out.....but <DOH> i decided to also up my bid to 67 bucks AND add zone (City Centre South) AND i clicked on 4*!! (I can hear all the groans now!! CRAP!!!)

The upside, for me anyway, is that I have a car for my entire stay of two weeks, and being out of downtown Amsterdam will make some aspects of my stay easier...parking...getting around outside of Amsterdam (I plan on using this hotel as a base for my first few days). (K, I am justifying this deal to myself, so be gentle with your comments, please!)

Here is what I got ~

Hotel Name: Nh Musica

Van Leijenberghlaan 221

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

31 205414141

Your Offer Price: US$67.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: US$268.00

Taxes and Service Fees: US$41.85

Total Charges: US$309.85

300 bucks for 4 nights is pretty good for a first timer, right???

thanks again!

cg

:)

Since rates change from one date to the next, it's hard to say if this is a good/bad deal without the dates of your stay, please add them as a reply to this thread so that we can also enable this win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

For future bidding, besides not lowering your bid and raising yoru price at the same time, you could have also used re-bid zones which would have allowed you to bid again for just a 5* hotel in the (City Centre - Museum Qtr). You can read more about re-bidding here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions that you have.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You did good. Its tough to understand all the nuances 1st time around.

The important thing is you learn for next time. Sure you maybe could have got it for a little less, but $300 for 4 nights in Amsterdam at a 4*!

Good deal I say. That Hotel is slightly out of the town, so it's better for car users and much cheaper parking.

Nowhere is far in Amsterdam, so the upside is you will get to see a part of town you might not otherwise have seen.

Check out the reviews for that Hotel on Tripadvisor.

What are your dates?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]