Priceline Hotel: 2* Charleston Holiday Inn

JennNova
By JennNova,
in

I have never used Priceline before, but I would like to try it for our upcoming trip from NC to OH. We plan to stop in Charleston, WV on the way up and back. The dates would be 6/22-6/23 and 6/26-6/27. We would prefer to stay downtown Charleston, idealy at the Embassy Suites, because we would like to be able to walk to the downtown festival. The current rate is $169. We would be thrilled with $50, but is that too low? What would be a reasonable offer? Is this too early to make an offer? Should I expect to pay more on the weekend dates and adjust my offer accordingly? Since the Embassy Suites is 3 stars, I'm assuming that's what I should set as my lowest rating. Would it be better for me to use Priceline or Hotwire?

Also, we may possibly be interested in renting a car from NC (RDU area) for the trip. Should I post questions on this in a different forum?

BTW, I have tried to read as much as I can from this board's FAQ and help pages before I posted (information overload). Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Jennifer

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please only post one stay per thread... we'll use this thread for your 6/22 stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for your stay on the return.

To begin, PRICELINE and HOTWIRE share many similarities and differences, the main points explaines in this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

You'll need to decide what is most important to you... is the lowest price the most important factor (at which point PRICELINE would likely be your best option) OR is having a guess as to the hotel you may likely receive important (at which point HOTWIRE may be the best option)

If you choose the PRICELINE route there is no way to target a particular property (or take a guess in regards to which property you may receive). There are other 3* properties which have been reported in this zone (see the Priceline Hotel List) and you could receive any of them... or a new 3* property not yet reported to the board.

As far as bidding now or later, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Feel free to ask questions regarding the above and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- you would post for help with your car rental bid in this forum: Priceline Car Rental States N-Z

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]