Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Chicago (NMA) Residence Inn

Aaron
By Aaron,
in

Note: Thread title says Renissance - don't know why I typed that - maybe too early in the morning. I meant Residence Inn.

This was the first time I'd used Priceline, and was skeptical about the service prior. My GF and I were sitting across from an old hotel in Chicago and I joked that that's probably where Priceline sends people. As a little adventure, we thought we'd try the service and see where we ended up. Even if it was a run-down place or something, we'd make it fun.

This was a last minute bid - approximately 3:30pm on Thursday 9/23, made for that night. Bid only North Michigan Ave. area. Started off with a $42 bid and was told that I could retry if I upped by $12. Did so and came back with the Residence Inn that is located on Walton, a block from the lake and sort of behind (a few blocks) Water Tower. We arrived at the hotel 15-20 minutes later and everything was set. I couldn't believe this was classified as a 2 1/2* hotel on Priceline. I'd think it would be a little higher than that.

$54 for a room (Studio hotel room - complete w/full kitchen and sweet lake view since we were on a high floor) that goes for $199 on the Marriott website.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congrulations on your winning bid and giving Priceline a try. I think most of us started in the same fashion, booking a one nite stay figuring 'how bad could it be for one nite', and when everything goes smoothly we're hooked! The savings, as you can see, are truly remarkable. Like you did, we occaisionally book a hotel near our house for a nite or two 'just to get away.'

If you browse around here a bit you'll see that there are lots of tips, tricks, and strategies that you can use to bid. For instance, Priceline suggesting your raise your bid by $12 is what we refer to as a counter-offer and they can almost always be undercut if you have a re-bid available. Undercutting counter offiers is exlained in more detail in PRICELINE SUGESTS PRICE TO PAY and this one explains PRICEINE REBIDDING. Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding either.

Thanks for sharing your winning bid and experience with the rest of the board... i'm glad to hear you had a good time and positive experience. We look forward to hearing about your future Priceline wins.

PS- was this actually 9/16? It sounds as if you already completed this stay but the 23rd is this coming Thursday. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]