Priceline Hotel: Question: Saturday Same-Day Bids via Priceline or Hotwire

JB-ATL
By JB-ATL,
in

Hi --

I have a question -- I'd like to know if anyone here has successfully submitted a same-day bid for a Saturday check-in in NYC? Many hotels there won't take reservations for a Saturday arrival, and I know this is especially true for Priceline and Hotwire reservations.

I only need the hotel for Saturday night, and the reason I ask is because I'm traveling on a pass and while chances are pretty good I'll get on a flight, there's no guarantee and I don't want to pay for a room I'm not going to use. My plan was to submit a bid/reservation via Priceline or Hotwire once I was in the city, and I just want to be sure that hotels have accepted those in the past since Manhattan is different than most hotel markets. Of couse I would have a backup, refundable reservation just in case.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

P.S. I'm a newbie to the forums but have used priceline in the past for NYC with a good success rate - every time I managed to get the Hilton NY.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]