Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy Request

eternitybc
By eternitybc,
in

Looking for a hotel in Huntington/Newport beach area. I'll be there May 15-18th, Fri-Monday. I see many people have won the Hyatt Newport for $50-$68. I placed a bid for $60, was rejected. Added Dana Point (thinking would be happy with Marriott Cliffs Laguna) and bid $65. I was rejected as well.

I've never been to the area, but will be in LA for a conference until Friday. The beach scene sems busy and fast paced- lookign for amore relaxing veach to hang out on. Prefer hotel cloe to the water, if not on it (no, I wouldn't be happy with the fairmont- I understand it's quite far!). Of course, no guarantees, so If I win it, my loss.

Any other areas nearby that I could look it? I think my max bid would be about $70. Seal beach and Laguna also seem nice (mostly concerned with hotel near the beach- would be nice if it had pool- also willign to go down to 3 star, to get this).

Thanks

Given your rejections in the Huntington/Newport zone, it's not clear from above which zone(s) you're willing to now add or if you're looking to lower your star rating (and if so for which zones).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Lookign for:

huntington beach

seal beach

laguna beach

Essentially, any hotel close to or near the beach

I see that 4 stars are fewer and more likely to get a beach hotel, which is my main preference- so, I was bidding on 4 star. However- willing to lower the stars if Ican't get a hotel under $70. I would go as low as 2 stars... providing I could get beach hotel. Most area 2 stars, I see are mainland, hence the reason I was hesitant to add them.

is that enough information? I understand I can't guarantee a beach hotel and I accept that, but thats my main preference

Of the three zones above, only the Newport-Huntington Beach zone currently offers 4* bidding.

When bidding 4* in this area you have SEVEN re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Newport-Huntington Beach...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected we'll then revise to try for a 3.5*.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

EDIT TO ADD: for comparison purposes, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Newport Beach - Huntington Beach Area with "Beach Access" for $109 and a 3*, also with Beach Access, for $94. If the above is rejected not sure if you'd want to consider one of these, are perhaps inch your maximum bid up a little higher to see if you can get what you want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]