Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Downtown-Charletown) Hyatt Finc'l Distr

msilverhammer
By msilverhammer,
in

• 2 weeks later...

I think a few people have been using the Revere-Logan Airport zone as a less expensive alternative. I'd check "T" (Boston's train system for those that may be reading and aren't familiar with it) options from the airport area and maybe consider that if you still need to secure reservations for these dates (or as a last resort if you get closer and still don't have anything)

Keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started bidding @$70 in downtown district. Raised bid to $80 and added Back Bay/Copley. Bid was accepted @ $80. I have to admit that I was suprised, as the lowest accepted bid for a Boston 4* that I have seen in September was around $110 to $130. This price believe it or not is 100% higher than the $40 that I paid in early July at the same hotel. I started bidding on this at least three weeks ago. It may be my imagination, but I always seem to have better success when I bid within one week of my departure date. Additionally, I have bid like this many times for Hotels in other areas when I will be there the next day. I have never paid over $40 for a 3* or 4* for areas such as Orlando by implementing this (day before or day of departure) strategy. :)

Personally i generally find bidding in advance while being sure not to overbid to be best approach... always gives you more options as far as waiting and allowing you to slowly raise your bid and monitor prices. Howver, many zones have their own nuances and should be considered.

No matter how it's done, this $80 rate is certainly better than the hotel's $245!!

Thank you for posting and sharing your history and strategy with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]