Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Airport PDX) Holiday Inn

tilepusher
By tilepusher,
in

I bid for this hotel on behalf of a family that is attending the same event in Portland that I am. Using Downtown Portland, Northwest Portland, and South Waterfront District as pseudo-rebid zones, I started at $30 and after additional bids of $32, $33, and $34, was accepted at $35 by the Holiday Inn (the host hotel).

While I'm happy for my friends, I feel a little sick because I paid $53/night for the same hotel on Hotwire (see this earlier post). But without a car, I didn't want to take the chance of getting a different hotel (particularly the Red Lion), and paid a premium for certainty. Strangely, this is the second time in the past few months that the host hotel of an event that I attended suddenly and without warning slashed its PRICELINE rates after I booked.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal. Don't worry about this "low" price too much, it could have just as easily gone up instread of down, and you could have just as easily received a different property should you have bid on PRICELINE... if either happened you would have been kicking yourself for not paying just a few dollars more to 'know' what you were getting.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]