LAX to OGG (Maui) - help with price /avail

traveln1
By traveln1,
in

I am trying to bid on Priceline for 2 r/t airline tickets from LAX to OGG

Leaving May 9

Return May 15

I noticed one other person managed to receive 305 total price SFO to OGG

I have tried to big from 200-250, then 260 with tax comes to 314 and still no luck to get their price of 305 per person.

Any advice???

LAX to Maui and SFO to Maui are entirely different routes, so you can't apply one person's win for one route to what it will take to be successful on the other route.

For your dates, what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels, and for that rate what is the breakdown of base rate vs. fees/taxes?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Keep trying. I just got LAX to OGG on 6/29 (returning on 7/8) for $883 total for three tickets non-stop on United. I admit I was surprised since the going rate for non-stops was over $720 each. My bid was $250 per. Here's a hint if you're staying in South Maui (Wailea, Makena, Kihei, even Kahalui). Place your bids for 'resorts' only. There are no 'resorts' in Kihei or Kahalui, but there are five in South Maui- Four Seasons, Grand Wailea, Ki Alani are not offered by Priceline. The Marriott Wailea and Maui Prince are. I actually prefer the Maui Prince since it's a little farther south, has a great beach, and is quieter and more restful if you plan to spend time around the hotel. Breakfast next to the koi pond in the morning is very nice. The Marriott is right next to the shops at Wailea if you prefer to be closer to restaurants. The 'infinity' pool is beautiful but unheated. Good luck and aloha.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]