Priceline Hotel: Looking for cheap hotel with free parking

falkin
By falkin,
in

I'm planning a vacation from 5/7/09 - 5/12/09 in the LA area and I'm looking for a hotel in the $45 - $60 range with free parking. I'm flexible as far as where I can stay, but places in a touristy area would be preferred. I've seen good Priceline deals in the LAX area, in the downtown LA area, and the Glendale-Universal City-Burbank area on this forum. However, I'm wondering if anyone knows if hotels in any of these areas have free parking. Because I'm flexible, I would like to get the best deal possible without having to pay for parking. I think the Glendale-Universal City-Burbank area or Pasadena area would be ideal, but price is much more important. If anyone can offer bidding strategies with respect to this, I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the site.

There's no way to guarantee a hotel that offers free parking using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE. You can try to find a regular rate hotel with free parking or you can try to get a deal on a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE property where maybe you have to pay for parking, but the cheaper room rate + parking still don't add up to what you may have paid regular rate for a hotel with free parking.

What would be your "all-in" (taxes, parking, hotel) hotel budget per night, max - $60?

I posted about the same question recently:

Los Angeles Hotels Free Parking

There are a couple of hotels mentioned there that have free parking.

My conclusion was that it's hard to beat a 3 or 3.5 star hotel at $45 even if you have to pay extra for parking and internet. For example, The Vagabond Inn in Glendale, an average one or two star motel, charges between $70 and $80 on the nights you specified. Yes, you might get free parking, free internet and a donut for breakfast, but which one is the better value?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]