Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Detroit Suburbs (Troy-Madison Heights) Ramada Plaza Troy

bluedevils
By bluedevils,
in

Pretty disappointed with this 'win' :)

The Ramada Plaza Troy recently took over the former Hilton Troy. The reviews on Tripadvisor are less than stellar. It sounds like 3.5* is a real stretch for this hotel, based on what I've read.

I was hoping this Ramada was NOT in the Priceline list, but it turns out that it is.

$42 is a good price and the location is good for our needs, but I was hoping for the Marriott Troy or the Marriott Pontiac Centerpoint. Oh well.

Actually, I would have been happier at the same price with the 3* Embassy Suites Troy, which recently completed an $8m total renovation and apparently is extremely nice. Guess I should have spent more time thinking through my bid strategy.

Steps:

1. Linked to PRICELINE thru betterbidding's link :)

2. Bid $40 for 3.5* in Auburn Hills - Pontiac zone. Rejected.

3. Added Troy-Madison Heights zone and bid $42. Accepted.

As long as we can get a room with 2 double beds and the pool is open while we are there, this hotel will probably do the job for us.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

Sorry to hear that you didn't like the outcome. The hotel is listed in boards Priceline Hotel List but it has been uncomfirmed.

But BetterBidding hope that you will get a nice stay despite the result!

Could you please post the dates for your stay so this property can show in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Yellowdog.

Dates must have truncated from the title as in another thread I started.

5/23/09 - 5/24/09

Is the 2nd line or subtitle of the thread entered and maintained by the moderators, or is it populated by the 'Description' field when a user creates the thread? Just want to make sure I am doing things right as I go along.

I'm not *extremely* disappointed with the Ramada Plaza, and I knew it was a possibility since I realized a couple weeks back that the property had changed hands from Hilton to Ramada.

We aren't too picky, so chances are we'll enjoy the stay.

Keep up the good work with the site.

• 3 weeks later...

Update to this reservation... got an email from Priceline yesterday advising me that the hotel name had changed and that the hotel no longer serves lunch and has only 'limited' room service.

I was planning to go thru with the reservation, but since the email suggested I call Priceline customer service if I had any questions/concerns, I did.

The agent ended up saying that Priceline considered this only a 2.5* property now, rather than the 3.5* on which I had bid.

They offered me a refund, and I accepted.

This seemed like pretty good customer service, and I am happy to report it.

Will most likely book another Priceline reservation for same date but have not done so yet.

Wonder if Priceline has updated its systems so the Ramada Plaza no longer will be a possibility if bidding on 3.5* in Troy-Madison Heights area.

Thanks for the update...

Indeed you can see from the following link that PRICELINE has indeed downgraded the Ramada Plaza Troy to a 2.5* rating.

We've moved your replaced purchase of the Troy Marriott to its own thread.

While i'm sure you didn't want to 'scramble' for a new hotel 10 days before your trip, i'm glad to see it worked out well and you're pleased with PRICELINE's handling of the situations.

Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]