Priceline Hotel: STRATEGY: Adding Zones

Mootiwan
By Mootiwan,
in

I've read more than a couple ads that have stated using the Adding Zones strategy to ensure a more confident bid on hotels yet I don't fully understand it.

I'm ultimately interested in staying in downtown San Diego on 4/24 or 4/25 for one night. Above all, I MUST guard against staying at the Sheraton Marina, yet I see the Omni and Solamar hotels going for $85 - something that caught my eye.

I'd love to see an explanation that would be ideal for a third grader that applies to Downtown SD.

Yes, I have a firm grasp of my mental capacity. :)

Bumping a thread is adding a reply, as you have done, as it "bump" the thread to the top of the queue.

Re-bidding is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

But i'd suggest that PRICELINE is not a very good option for this stay since there is a hotel in the zone, the Sheraton Marina, which you're not willing to stay in.

HOTWIRE would be a better option if you're able to identify the hotel before your purchase or at least identify that it's not the Sheraton Marina.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please remember to follow-up your threads as you confirm your plans (even if your plans are cancelling the trip) so that the information can benefit other users.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]