CA Los Angeles Thompson Beverly Hills

debkaps
By debkaps,
in

My strategy was to bid over $100 to not stay in the Montrose or Beverly Hilton, after reading the so-so reviews on this site, so I clicked the PRICELINE link through this site, and bid $101, and got the Thompson Beverly Hills for a $101 bid, and I'm SO glad I did.

Here is my quick take on the Thompson Hotel. The rooms are sexy, shiek with black wood floors and oh-so comfortable beds (I slept a solid 8 hours for the first time in YEARS!) with soft white linens, Kheils shampoo and conditioner in the room (oh-so-soft hair!), it's blocks to Rodeo Drive and the Beverly Hills shopping area, so location was fantastic. I thought the food was great--yes expensive, but $12 drinks and $14 salads are the norm in this neighborhood and class of hotel--so at least it's delicious and not just expensive! Their 2nd floor windowless lounge has most of the menu favorites on a happy hour price from 5:30 - 7:30pm, and the bar staff was nice both there and at the rooftop bar. Order the Spicy Tuna on Crispy Rice appetizer...it's to die for. As is the Lychee Martini. YUM!

The staff is all very beautiful--just one audition away from being discovered--but I found them all to be very nice, genuine, helpful and attentive...no snooty people on staff, like I half expected after reading a couple of Yelp reviews. I'm just a has-been mom in her mid-thirty's trying to get some R&R away from the kids for a day, and they were all very warm and helpful (e.g. bellhop had my luggage in hand before I handed him my ticket when my airport car arrived!). They allowed me to check in at 9am, long before the 2pm check-in time too (granted it was a slow Monday night, I'm sure!).

The biggest bonus was the AMAZINGLY zen roof deck and pool. Wonderful 4 1/2 foot pool, kept at the perfect temperature that seems cool when you first get in but feels warm once your submersed, and the rooftop location meant a steady nice breeze on a hot 95-degree day. Drinks a-flowin'. Cabanas with flat screens for rent (if that's your scene!), plenty of cushioned and pre-towel-tucked chaises. The relaxing, airy trance music drowned out any trace of busy Wilshire Blvd. below, and was kept low enough to nap or read undisturbed. This is just what mama needed!!! Super place for R & R. My last day, Vogue was doing a shoot by the pool and there was going to be a movie shot there Friday evening. How Hollywood! :)

Thompson Beverly Hills

9360 Wilshire Boulevard

Beverly Hills, CA 90212

310-273-1400

Check-In: Monday, April 20, 2009-02:00 PM

Check-Out: Tuesday, April 21, 2009-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $101.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $101.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $22.40 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $123.40 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]