Priceline Hotel: 4* Tampa (Airport TPA-Westshore) InterContinental Tampa

erinys
By erinys,
in

I'm an idiot.

I've been staying at the Grand Hyatt Tampa for $51/night for a week, through 2 different PRICELINE purchases. Didn't have the option to "extend my stay," possibly because I did once already. Used the PRICELINE link here for this purchase, too.

I needed another day. Assumed like a moron that I would get Hyatt, since that is the one usually won in this zone. There was even a Priceline warning that due to same-day purchase not all hotels in the area may be available.

I bid starting at $51, finally got a hotel at $69. Probably should have stopped bidding based on the unusual price increase. Hyatt showed vacancy, but $50 more than their usual weekday rates.

Intercontinental Tampa. I forgot there were even other hotels in this zone. Dumb.

It's not worth moving, paying the extra day on the car and paying for a new one-way ticket back. Leaving.

All my own stupidity, but at least others will know that Intercontinental came up recently, on a same-day booking, and plan accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]