NY Westchester County Wellesley Inn Elmsford

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Convenient location in Westchester County, but this 2* Hotel is at best a 1* and Priceline needs to revise their rating. This hotel has an Indoor Pool, excercise area, and has a Beefsteak Charlies restaurant attached. Continental breakfast is included and rooms have coffee makers, and Ironing boards. Upon check in, I asked for a room with a desk but the clerk wasn't sure which rooms had desks. I went up to the room and lucked out, getting a room with a desk, but immediately smelled a musty odor to the room, I called and asked if someone from maintenance could spay some lysol. This seemed to solve the odor problem. Although I had a desk to work on, the cord on the "two-line" phone reached as far as the middle of the bed. Even though I travel with a long cord to attach the phone's "dataport" to my modem, I was unable to dial out on my laptop as the clerk didn't turn on my phone for outgoing calls. A call to the clerk remedied this in a few minutes. Although I was able to make a phone call, (the phone was on the bed) the dataport on the side of the phone was not functioning properly and I asked the clerk to replace it The maintenance man came in again and switched my phone out, but alas, the new phone's dataport still didn'twork properly and I was unable to dial out with my modem. High speed internet was available for $9.95 a day, but the ethernet cable was near the nightstand, and across the room from the desk. WiFi internet access was available as well @ $9.95 a day and I was finally able to go online after lots of frustration via my wireless card. The lampshades in the room all needed to be replaced and the lighting in the room was terrible, only 60 watt bulbs!! The sheets and mattress pad were paper thin, and the bathroom had peeling paint in the shower area. In the morning, my request to resolve my problem with the phone was ignored. I attempted to irom my shirt, and proceeded to drip water all over it from a leaking, broken iron. All in all, I was not happy with the condition of this property, the condition of the room, or the way the staff responded to my requests. In fact, it seemed as if it was an impostion to get the morning desk clerk out of her chair to answer a question. Stay here at your own risk. The only positives that I can say about this hotel is that the coffee at the breakfast bar was great, the bath towels seemed fairly new, and come winter, bring the kids as they will appreciate the indoor pool and forget how threadbare the carpeting is.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]