Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Best Western California

kirikara
By kirikara,
in

Hi,

I just thought I would post my bidding history to see if I can get some advice since we are leaving in less than a week now..

Started at $48 with Union square west/nob hill 4 stars,added USE, added 3 1/2 stars, added 3 stars upped my bid to $51

Since then I have rebid at $54 and $58.

I would rather get a good cheap hotel than keep going up. My husband is staying for work the rest of the week at the Palomar which is right now on sale for $119 which is why I dont want to go up much more because staying at the palomar would bring convenience..

I saw the chancellor (2.5*) was won for $55 that would be fine. I called and they still have rooms available.

I am wondering if there is any way I can start over with a new bid...?

I have 2 accounts but they consider them the same anyway even though it is different cc and emails..

Any advice on a better strategy?

Hi thanks for your help

I would have been way more patient if we were not leaving in 4 days but I was getting anxious because I did not book any back up yet and was about to book the Palomar for $119 a night.

This was kind of a last shot.

Bid was accepted anyway and to my surprise i got the BEST western the california for $54.

I am actually very happy with this hotel too.

it has the wifi i wanted and free wine and cheese hour too :)

I started bidding at $54 because a previous bidder (who had won the chancellor at $55) bid at $50 and got rejected.

I am thinking I probably could have got the hotel at a lower price but I am glad it is done.

Thanks for your help, I will definitely use that strategey next time. We are planning another trip to Miami.

I hope I used the right link: I used the search box at the top and was hoping you would get credit from that box as well.

One of the moderators will update the subject line, kirakara.

Can you confirm that you won the Best Western California as a 2.5* in the USW zone? This is a new hotel for the Hotel List.

Best rate is $119 on Best Western's website so you got a nice deal. The website says guests get a frosted tequila shot at checkin and free wine and cheese in the evening. It sounds like the Best Western wants its guests tipsy!

:)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]