Priceline Hotel: Lake Union, WA Bidding Assistance

Monky
By Monky,
in

I wanted to see if anyone new if the Mariott Lake Union is still coming up on PRICELINE. The reason I am asking is I want to book the Residence Inn Lake Union for the full kitchen facilities for the kids. I searched and the Mariott Lake Union doesn't seem to come up in any winning bids.

I checked pricing and the Residence Inn Lake Union is $179 less $50 for some shopping voucher. The Mariott is coming up at $109. If it is on PRICELINE, I am worried the Mariott will come up.

Dates are check in May 22nd for two nights.

Thanks

You can't bid at a specific hotel at PRICELINE. If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Yellowdog.

I'm assuming that you're referring to the Courtyard. That hotel hasn't been reported in years, but it's always possible; thanks to the recession, a number of hotels are appearing on PRICELINE that haven't come up in a long time. The Silver Cloud hotels, for example, are coming up after a long absence. The Silver Cloud Lake Union was very recently upgraded to 3*, so it's now a possibility if you were to bid for a 3* hotel in the Lake Union zone.

Yellowdog, yup, I can't pick hotels with PL but at the same time, I wanted to see if anyone knew if the Mariott Courtyard Lake Union was coming up. It would seem there are 2 3-stars except for the Silvercloud that is added now. I want to see my odds of getting the Residence Inn.

Tilepusher, where did you see the Silvercloud upgraded? I hope not as that adds 3 possible 3 stars.

Thanks

We got the Marriott (Courtyard) in February, after about a year of being able to get the Residence Inn without a problem. Not a good surprise. No breakfast, no refrigerator or microwave, expensive parking. We've haven't submitted a Lake Union priceline bid since then...not wanting to go back to the Marriott.

Silver Cloud has a pretty good web deal, 139 for a view room, with a small refer and microwave, an ok little breakfast and free parking. We do miss the Residence Inn though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]