Help finding vacation spot in Carolina's

snewsie
By snewsie,
in

Love Better Bidding, Priceline and Hotwire! Thanks to everyone for posting...I love how working together we get good deals!

I'd like to take a road trip to the Carolina's, North or South...don't care...never been. Can anyone recommend a 'resort' or area that is a good catch in late July. We have two children, 10 and 5.

Thanks!!

I know you said "road trip" for this one, but you might find some interesting comments if you also posted on:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/

The core interest is flying, but one has to land somewhere, and somebody (or lots of somebodies) are usually also interested in discussing destinations (or almost anything else, for that matter).

Romelle

And maybe you will fly your next trip? FlyerTalk fits right in with the other sites you mentioned.

I enjoyed Myrtle Beach as a kid.

I think to really suggest a more specific plan, we would need to know what you are looking for: are you looking to go on a road trip to one destination, or is this a multi-city trip? How long a trip are you interested in taking, and what is the hotel budget per night?

If you're flexible on destination, Wisconsin also has some great resorty areas, including the Wisconsin Dells, which would be a huge hit with your kids (it's a resort town, but it's largely made up of "kid-friendly" attractions (water parks, mini golf, you name it.) You could definitely do a great Minneapolis-Chicago road trip.

Let us know your thoughts.

Oh my, the choices are nearly unlimited. (That's why we moved to NC)

In South Carolina, Myrtle Beach is filled with attractions, relatively inexpensive and has nice beaches. Hilton Head is more expensive, beachy and exclusive. Charleston is near beaches, is historic and lovely.

In North Carolina, the beaches are nice from North to South - Outer Banks to Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle to Wrightsville to Oak Island and Bald Head Island. In the mountains, there's Brevard (waterfalls), Asheville (hip) and Blowing Rock (charming). In the center there's Pinehurst if you love golf.

Depending on what you like, there's something for everyone.

Thanks for the information! You were all helpful!

While we usually fly, last year we drove to Destin, FL and had so much fun on the 'trip'. My kids talk about the "Big Gulp of lemonade" in Kentucky and haven't mentioned the beach. Go figure. So I thought...let's go somewhere different this time and we haven't been east. So...I'm thinking....stopping on the way there and spending 4-5 nights in Carolina (N or S) and then stopping on the way home. I'd like a resort with fun pool and close proximity to the beach. I've seen a lot of offers on BB for the Hilton and Westin. However, I'm not sure what to expect for rates in late July.

WISCONSIN DELLS --- I had to laugh. I'm in Chicago and we've done the Dells for so many trips that I don't think there's a place I haven't been yet! There are some fun things there though and I could probably give a million tips on getting good deals there.

I'll keep checking on the East Coast areas and post back when I need more info!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]