Priceline Hotel: Vegas Oct 1-3

stevekx
By stevekx,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It is most likely the Venetian, which is the only 5* hotel we've seen awarded. If it wasn't the Ventian, you'd be the first to report something different.

When you ask if it's worth a shot, do you mean trying again (in the $200's) or taking their offer of $355/nite? Personally i wouldn't be willing to pay $3xx for the Venetian when there are much less expensive options at lesser quality hotels.

Just to give you another option:

Friday is the more expensive nite of this stay, so if you are willing to SPLIT YOUR PRICELINE BID you may be successful for Saturday nite and then have a different hotel on the Friday nite. If you're willing to split the bid be aware that Vegas sometimes has problems with Saturday check-in, so i would see if successful for the Saturday nite first and then make plans for Friday nite (as you don't want to get a Friday nite win and then not have anyplace want to accept you for only Saturday).

I see some 4* hotels available for just under $200/nite (in a preliminary search), so you have a back-up reserved yet... or as i mentioned above, were you planning on taking the 5* at $355?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply -

I was tossing around either going down to 4 stars and lowering the bid or haivng my girlfriend try and making a bid at $230 for another stab at the Venetian.

I don't mind dropping to the 4 star level and making a try with around a $150 bid - I just I want to be *on* the strip and not sorta near the strip.

No need to have your g/f bid as you can use RE-BID ZONES to bid again immediately (with your own account). If you're not familiar with re-bidding strategies please read the previous link and ask any questions that you may have.

The problem with lowering to 4* is that the Westin becomes a possibility and that indeed is slightly off strip. You could try Hotwire where if you match up amenities and star ratings you could be reasonably sure of avoiding an off-strip property, but the 4* that they show for your dates is ~$250/nite.

I saw some 4* properties thru conventional methods priced just under $200/nite... have you found anything at that level around $150? Do you have any back-up reservation?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]