Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn Hotel

Knocturnal
By Knocturnal,
in

Just booked the Omni William Penn for one night, 6/12/09-6/13/09. After failed bids ranging from $60-95 yesterday using rebid zones, I got it on my first try tonight. I have stayed at this property before and really enjoyed my experience. Curious as to why bids were unexpectedly high for this day and weekend, but still a fair savings. Cheapest listed on other hotel sites was $152. Total, including taxes and fees, amounted to $127.02.

Not sure how big of an event it is but this is apparently the closing weekend of the Three Rivers Arts Festival.

You're also bidding quite a bit in advance. Maybe they're holding back the cheaper inventory in hopes that summer vacation travel picks up a bit?

Thanks for the info. I have always bid somewhat early on a trip, but usually have had luck with lower rates. Possibly because of different markets? Summer months and special events always seem to command more. It really is only two months away (may be an eternity for some), but I'd rather still get a decent rate than be on the outside looking in, ya know?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]