Priceline Hotel: 4* Grand Cayman Marriott

Leaa
By Leaa,
in

Hi

I unsuccessfully tried to book a few days at Marriott ( Trip Advisor says for the most part the 4 * in this category is the Marriott)in May through Priceline.com last night and my bid was rejected. Not surprised and not knowing what to expect I bid quite low as I started at $50 then went to $75 on my second try. The red bar at the bottom did state that my bids were probably to low for this area. So I get to try again later this evening.

As I came across this site this morning I was not sure if I could bid again through this site presently or do I have to wait the mandatory 24 hours regardless of whether I am on Priceline or Better bidding?

I did notice that as I was playing around with the bid process that if I put $80 as my bid the red bar does not appear but reappears when I put in $75(I did not go past this point). Should I start my bid at $80 tonight or should I keep trying to put in a lower bid of $75 or lower and maybe it will be excepted eventually? I could afford to wait another 7-10 to see if I could get the lowest price.

Also I am traveling alone and have indicated this. I did notice another thread for the Intercontinental hotel (possibly San Juan) on March 14 that they could not get the room listed as 2 persons but could get it as 3 persons. I was wondering what happens in this case if there really is only two of you and you indicate three? Would I have a better shot at getting the room if I indicate 2 instead of 1?

I did try to research what other people have had for winning bids but did not have any luck.

This is a great site, lots of interesting information but after a few hours of reading I am now suffering information overload.LOL

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to the site. :)

You have to wait 24 hours in general between bidding to bid on the same PRICELINE area and star rating.

You do not input the number of travelers on PRICELINE - I don't know which thread you are mentioning, but it sounds as if you are referring to a HOTWIRE post.

Do not pay attention to the red bar message on PRICELINE.

It's difficult to recommend starting bids without knowing exact dates, as hotel rates are date-specific.

Thanks for you reply and sorry about the previous post I am not sure what I did to repost my original post. I will be traveling in the middle of May around the 13 and 20. I believe its low season down their. I did go back and check yes it was a Hotwire post, I did not realize when I first came upon there was a difference between the two. I am not sure what to start at tonight if the red bar has no significance. I guess I should just stay low and see happens!

The two dates I was playing with on Priceline were May 13/14. If I could get a really low rate I would go on the 13 if the rate is much higher than I anticipate I will go on the 14. If you could give me a range to work with as I know that I am underbidding by alot I will be able to determine the exact date. Thanks! :)

I have looked at your dates. And I can't see any diffrence for the rates 13-18 or 14-18.

HOTWIRE got what it looks like 4* Grand Cayman Beach Suites for your dates $169/night. Pricelines retail price is $450/night. So this looks a very nice deal. And the TA reviews are great 4.5/5

You know that you're not only bidding at the Marriott with PRICELINE. You must be willing to accept any 4* hotel with in the zone you're bidding. But I would start bidding at $100 and work my way up in $8 steps. Maybe you get a conteroffer on the way. If you get this so please post back for advice.

If you decide to go for the 4* HOTWIRE hotel so please use this HOTWIRE link

Yellowdog.

I stayed at the Marriott on GC 2 years ago and while the $75 a night was great the hotel was not. This hotel is on 7 mile beach but it must be the worst stretch of beach on GC. The sand starts at a short concrete retaining wall and the sand is about 15 feet in deoth before the water begins. The water is "littred" with big rocks. It is not picturesque at all.

If you want a true beach vacation do not stay at the Marriott or try another island. GC was very nice and obtaining my advanced open water diving certificate was great. I found the island a little to built up for my liking.

Thanks Flightmedic I am there for other reasons than a vacation but I am trying to get abit of R/R while there and the Marriott is in the area I need to be. But I do appreciate the input and I would heed your advice if I was on vacation as I love to swim in the ocean. Just recently I read that this "dreaded wall" you are referring has now been removed. Thanks again :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that this property should work well for your needs... i'm assuming you won the Marriott? Can you also add the dates of your stay that you decided upon so this win will properly appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]