Priceline Hotel: 5* Bangkok (Sukhumvit) Westin Grande

dmfsingapore
By dmfsingapore,
in

Hi -

Just to share if you're unaware, the weblink below points to a Starwood promos page -

http://www.starwood.com/promotions/promo_l...y=PRGENNORES_AP

They've quite a number of deals that offer good value for money and are a worthy alternative to PL, especially if the price difference is marginal and comes with Starpoints.

In your case, there's a "Buy 2 nights, get the 3rd free" promo that offers the total rate of $280 - just $15 more than your PL deal. AND, it gives you 840 Starpoints if you're PLA.

Just to share that there are deals out there somewhat on the level of PL. I recently "lost out" paying 2 nights on PL, which would've given me 3 nights with the aforementioned promo.

Live and learn ... live and learn.

dmfsingapore, thank you for sharing your win.

lesmiz99, welcome to BetterBidding and thanks for the link. Personally i'd still take the $30 in my pocket rather than 850 starwood points, but i suppose for those that need the points to get to the 'next level' it's a good deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereyouare, ill disagree with you about taking the $30 and running (using PL) IF a person is a Plat then going via the PL route NO UPGRADES for sure. Then it depends how someone values the pts, I can stay in a Sher cat#1 for 2000 pts on a Fri/Sat night that will be min $189 so to me the 840 pts is worth say min $72. the other days its 3000 pts so then its around $60 still more than the $30 in savings. As a Gold maybe one could also get a better room. PL usually means one of he worst rooms in the house. then if a Plat no amenity gift either.

on the other hand if my savings would be substantial I would do PL and forgo the benefits of being a Plat with SPG or Diamond with Hilton.

I never got bad rooms with priceline - at least in Asia. Just came back from stays in Bangkok, and for the Westin Grande, I got a wonderful room on the 17th floor, SPG floor, including welcome drinks, fruit basket, and personal welcome letter from the manager. (and, as usual for Thailand hotels, I got 8 Starpoints - even though nothing else charged to my room, I only paid the priceline rate. Strange. Same for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in June). [And I am only a Starwood basic member]

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]