Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Roosevelt Hotel

heinous
By heinous,
in

Hi! I see hotels listed for Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, but does anyone know what hotels are in the Hollywood area for Los Angeles?

I'm looking for a hotel room for one night, 9/18. I'd prefer a 4* in the Hollywood area. I've seen some people say that there are problems with Saturday check-in. What would I expect to pay?

Also, is there any way to request a suite? (I mean besides the $20 trick :) )

Thanks!

Priceline doesn't offer any 4* hotels in the Hollywood area.

You'll either have to try for a 3* or a 4* in the neighboring zones.

There don't appear to be too many hotels in the Hollywood area, and my guess at the 3 star properties is the Renaissance and/or Holiday Inn. Expedia also lists the Ramada as a 3* but i don't think i have ever seen a Ramada rated as such on Priceline. There is a also a Roosevelt Hotel in the area that is another 3* possibility.

This zone only broke off on it's own a few months ago if i recall correctly... there was so re-grouping of the Hollywood, West Hollywood, and Beverly Hills zones.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info! Is that the Renaissance at Hollywood & Highland? That's a nice property - I'm surprised it's rated 3*.

OK... So I need a room with 2 double beds, for one night, 9/18. I want to be in Hollywood or West Hollywood. Can anyone advise me on a bidding strategy? I'm such a newbie. :)

Thank you!

We can't guarantee that the room will have 2 double beds... Priceline and Hotwire only guarantee that the room will accomdate 2 adults. Often the hotels will readily accomodate you, but there are no guarantees, the fact that the room may only have one bed is a condition you must be willing to accept to use Priceline or Hotwire.

Since Priceline splits the zones by Hollywood and (Beverly Hill-West Hollywood)... are you willing to accept either one of these two zones (defined by the shaded region on Priceline's maps) or can you not 'risk' the portion of Priceline's zone that extends into the Beverly Hills area (in which case you can't bid that zone).

Let us know the answers to the above questions, as well as your maximum bid amount, as we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So are you allowed to have 4 people in a Priceline room? Do they charge extra?

I'm willing to bid in both the Hollywood and WH/BH areas. I'm looking for a 3* or 4*, maximum price of $70. I've seen a lot of people get the Hyatt West Hollywood for around $55, and that's my goal.

Thanks for the help!

Christine

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.

Unfortunately you don't have any re-bid zones at the 3* level and your check-in date is only 3 days away... so you basically get one chance at this.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 3* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood and bid $56.

If rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Hollywood...

Bid $62, if rejected add Beverly Hills/Hollyweed and...

Bid $70.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

OK, I did all of the above and got rejected. :) My friend (who's staying with me) then tried to bid just in the Hollywood zone at $85 for 3*, but she was also rejected.

We don't want to bid more than $80 in the BH/WH area because we're afraid of getting the Doubletree Westwood, which is too far from where we'll be.

I have one more friend who can bid for me... what should I do? $89 in Hollywood only? Thanks for your help!!

I don't know... cry? :)

Well, do you think that I should try for more? I guess there isn't much information for the Hollywood area except for Cheezehead's friend's bid. Do Saturday night check-ins usually cost more?

This is a hotel just for a fun night out, so we didn't want to spend that much. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Well, I just made a $116 reservation at the Holiday Inn Hollywood, which is a 3* Priceline property for the Hollywood area. So I guess that's my alternative.

I was thinking about bidding $89 in Hollywood only, and if I get rejected, adding WH/BH and trying $75. What do you think? Thanks again for your help!

This is what i would do:

Bid $100 for Hollywood.

If accepted this will still be cheaper than your Holiday Inn back-up and likely be a better property.

If that is rejected, close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Bid $75 for WH/BH only

If rejected you still have the ability to add Hollywood to this bid if you choose to try once more at a higher price (the way you proposed above would leave you no options if $75 is rejected).

Feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck.

Done! We bid $100 for Hollywood and were accepted at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this place, so I have my fingers crossed!

From what I can tell, this is a pretty high bid for a 3* in Hollywood, but this is a really congested weekend. I actually saw this hotel on HotelKingdom.com for $101. :)

Here's another hotel to add to your list for Hollywood too. I'll be sure to post a review afterwards. Thanks again to everyone for all their help! :)

Glad to hear you'll have a roof over your head.

The $101 rate you saw is for a single petite and i would think that Priceline would book a 'standard room' which is actually $130 for your dates (if they try to give you the standard petite room type i would argue the point, although it has a double bed, it is a single petite... and Priceline guarantees double occupancy).

Upon your return please let us know what type of room you were booked into and how your stay was.

I'll be looking for you on the red carpet. :)

Back from the Hollywood Roosevelt, and we loved it! It has been very recenetly renovated, and I know some people take exception to the modernized look of it since it's supposed to be a hotel with history. However, we really enjoyed the new decor - it is tastefully done, and it gives the hotel an upscale feel. I called early to request a non-smoking room with two double beds, and they fulfilled our request with no trouble. The room was a good size, nicely furnished. The bathroom was a bit small, but sufficient, and again, nicely done with new fixtures and good little amenities.

The beds themselves were not of good quality - the linens were fine, but we could feel the springs through the mattresses. Perhaps they haven't updated those yet. The location of the hotel is great - right across from the Chinese theater and very convenient to Hollywood and West Hollywood. The valet service ($18/day) was quick and good-looking to boot. :) Front desk was very pleasant and professional. We had trouble with our air-conditioning at 2:30am, and they sent someone up within 5 minutes to adjust it.

Overall, a lovely and professional hotel. We even met some people in the elevator who had just been married there. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with this bid! This is the greatest board ever!

PS - Didn't see any ghosts... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]