Hotwire Hotel: still not booked anything so back to hotwire!

sabetperry
By sabetperry,
in

Looked up hotels for Sept2 6-October 2nd 2004 annd got:

Downtown Los Angeles Downtown

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), Spa Services. for a Best Value rate of $50. and it's a 3* property

Also got:

Beverly Hills - Westwood - Century City West Los Angeles

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center for 84$ and it's also a 3*.

I cross checked it with the hotwire list but couldn't find any thing. Actually 4 different downtown hotels came up but I noticed that only the Hilton checker's is listed on the Hotwire list.

If you can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Look beyond the first post in the thread as there are more hotels in subsequent threads.

The 3* Downtownn hotel seems to match the Miyako Hotel. There is one really bad REVIEW but the others seem ok.

Not sure of the 3* in Beverly Hills area, but there is a 3.5* for just a few dollars more which may prove to be a better choice if you do indeed purchase 'blind'.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of additional help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

so, we're still looking for something in los angeles since we're finding prices are going down nearer to our date and availabilty doesn't seem to be a problem. I put in our dates Sept 26- oct 3 and got the following:

downtown

4* 103$ restaurant pool fitness spa

and

west hollywood/downtown

4* 142$ restaurant pool fitness

after reading your hotwire list and checking the forum i thought one of these might be the hilton checkers but wasn't sure if it would come up under downtown or west hollywood/downtown.

also found:

Beverly hills

3* 126$ boutique restaurant pool fitness business (thought it might be Loews minus the business icon)

and

3.5* $93 restaurant pool fitness - but can't find anything to match it in packages or on the list.

maybe you can enlighten me!

sorry for the terribly long post!

I assume you mean:

downtown

4* 103$ restaurant pool fitness spa

and

west hollywood/downtownhollywood

4* 142$ restaurant pool fitness

From the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST:

Los Angeles (Downtown)

4* Hilton Checkers (previously 4.5*)

Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness

So Checkers is in the Downtown zone. In the Vacation Packages this hotel is shown with a Spa icon (hasn't in the past in the hotel product) but this very well may have changed and this may be Checkers.

I don't think the 3* hotel is the Loews at that property is known to be a 4*.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess is that the 3* Boutique is the Orlando, but that's just a guess. The other property is too generic to gain much inisight as to its identity.

The Hotwire zone is indeed: Hollywood-West Hollywood.

If you look at the screen where you check-off boxes it reads:

Downtown

Downtown

Hollywood-West Hollywood

On the 'splash' screen (where the offerings are shown) above this hotel's icons it shows "Hollywood-West Hollywood Downtown"

(the Downtown next to it signifies the 'top level' zone... but Hotwire has been changing their interface so frequently lately it may very well be different by the end of the day)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]