Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Sheraton Marina

hcm
By hcm,
in

First, please note that this is a very unusual weekend with literally 10,000 people in town for a big convention, so you can do better than this price normally - but I was very glad to get it.

I saw that a $55 bid had been accepted in last three weeks for a 3*, so I figured I'd get the Holiday Inn or similar, so:

Bid $40 for 3* Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added San Ysidro (dummy zone - no 3* there), raised to $45 - rejected

added Chula Vista (another dummy zone), raised to $50 - rejected

The next night, I bid $55 for Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added san ysidro, raised to $60 - rejected

added Chula Vista, raised to $65 - rejected

So at this point I figured forget it, why pay more than $65 for a 3*.

So I moved on to 4* the next evening:

Bid $65 for 4* in Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added Mission Valley (dummy zone), raised to $70 - rejected

added Miramar (dummy zone), raised to $75 - rejected

OK, one more night of bidding:

Bid $80 for 4* in Downtown-Harbor Island - got counteroffer of $102. Turned it down

added Mission Valley, raised to $90, accepted by Sheraton.

Longest I've ever spent trying to get a hotel on Priceline!

Comment on Sheraton:

Very nice place! You can literally walk there from the airport - but it is a few blocks and you would want a roller bag. They have a free bus but it only goes every 30 min.

Lots of computers in the big lobby, which are currently free to use, but they have a timer system on them and they can easily switch them to pay-by-the-minute.

Lobby is wonderful - nice restaurants, great sofas, TVs and computers everywhere, Starbucks in lobby.

Outside very pretty, they have firepits with rocking chairs around them, which are nice to sit at.

This place is NOT on the beach - in fact, there is almost no beach in San Diego - the shore is rocky and the beach is mostly out at Coronado Island. Plus this hotel is on the bay, not the ocean - so you look over the marina, and past the marina is the bay, and then coronado island. it's very nice, just don't think you're going to be able to jog on the beach.

First, please note that this is a very unusual weekend with literally 10,000 people in town for a big convention, so you can do better than this price normally - but I was very glad to get it.

I saw that a $55 bid had been accepted in last three weeks for a 3*, so I figured I'd get the Holiday Inn or similar, so:

Bid $40 for 3* Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added San Ysidro (dummy zone - no 3* there), raised to $45 - rejected

added Chula Vista (another dummy zone), raised to $50 - rejected

The next night, I bid $55 for Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added san ysidro, raised to $60 - rejected

added Chula Vista, raised to $65 - rejected

So at this point I figured forget it, why pay more than $65 for a 3*.

So I moved on to 4* the next evening:

Bid $65 for 4* in Downtown-Harbor Island - rejected

added Mission Valley (dummy zone), raised to $70 - rejected

added Miramar (dummy zone), raised to $75 - rejected

OK, one more night of bidding:

Bid $80 for 4* in Downtown-Harbor Island - got counteroffer of $102. Turned it down

added Mission Valley, raised to $90, accepted by Sheraton.

Longest I've ever spent trying to get a hotel on Priceline!

Comment on Sheraton:

Very nice place! You can literally walk there from the airport - but it is a few blocks and you would want a roller bag. They have a free bus but it only goes every 30 min.

Lots of computers in the big lobby, which are currently free to use, but they have a timer system on them and they can easily switch them to pay-by-the-minute.

Lobby is wonderful - nice restaurants, great sofas, TVs and computers everywhere, Starbucks in lobby.

Outside very pretty, they have firepits with rocking chairs around them, which are nice to sit at.

This place is NOT on the beach - in fact, there is almost no beach in San Diego - the shore is rocky and the beach is mostly out at Coronado Island. Plus this hotel is on the bay, not the ocean - so you look over the marina, and past the marina is the bay, and then coronado island. it's very nice, just don't think you're going to be able to jog on the beach.

We'll be staying there on Sunday for three nights- wondering which tower you stayed in?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]