Priceline Hotel: Looking for Residence Inn type of place

1TRAVELGIRL
By 1TRAVELGIRL,
in

You've got a lot of time before April to gather information. I suggest you look at the Priceline Hotel List to get an idea of which hotels come up in which zones. Then read posts for a week or two to see which hotels are coming up these days and at what prices. Also check the posted hotel reviews.

Once you decide your travel dates, budget, and the quality level you'd like to bid post back and someone will offer a strategy.

• 1 month later...

You're bidding for a hotel on PRICELINE, so you do not have control over exactly which hotel you get - if there is a hotel with free parking in the area, you wouldn't be able to choose it.

Additionally, it's extremely rare for a hotel in a major city not to charge for parking (which is why it's generally advised not to drive in cities like LA, NY and others if possible - not only a lot of traffic, but nasty parking cost). I'd be surprised if any hotels in Beverly Hills offer it.

Hi, I am looking for a Residence Inn style of hotel, full size kitchen or kitchenette. I will be staying a week so I doubt I will want to eat out EVERY meal! I am wanting to stay in the West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area and don't want to pay over $70 a night. Parking is going to be extra I know. If I have to I will stay in West LA but want to stay near Hollywood to visit friends.

Can someone clue me in as to what to bid $$ and in what area to bid.

Dates 4/21/09-4/28/09

Thanks in advance! :)

You cannot bid for a "Residence Inn" type of property. As I mentioned in your other thread, when you bid, you have to accept whatever hotel you are given if you win.

I would recommend searching on HOTWIRE to see if any of the properties in the area on your dates are showing with a suite, kitchenette and free breakfast icon or some sort of combination of those three.

I merged this thread with your other thread....please keep all posts on this stay in the same thread.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your booking.

As AaronJB indicated to guarantee a kitchenette you'll need to purchase a Hotwire hotel that displays a kitchenette icon or book something conventionally.

For your dates the only Hotwire hotel I see with a Kitchenette icon in your preferred zones is a 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood for $112/night.

Suite, Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry, Highspeed, Kitchenette

This looks like Le Parc Suites with a new set of icons.

I realize $112 is over your $70 budget but that's what it looks like it will take for a kitchenette guarantee for these dates.

Since your stay is seven nights you could also call the Residence Inn Beverly Hills and ask if they have a discounted weekly rate that isn't displaying on their website. I think the ResInn has a reduced parking rate for extended stays too.

If the kitchenette is a want rather than an absolute need then I'll suggest bidding to $70 for a 3* in Beverly Hills/West Hollywood or Hollywood zones.

Please use thses PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]