Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Westin

travelergirl2001
By travelergirl2001,
in

hi. new to the forum. lots of GREAT info. thanks!

question. i'm going to NYC for business sept 21-23, then staying for fun until the 25th. for the first two nights, i'm on an expense account and can spend about $250/night (not a TON for NYC at this time of year, it appears). for the next two nights, i'd like to spend less (under $200). i LOVE the heavenly bed at westins, and i think i got a good hotwire offer for what i think is the westin at times square, and i just wanted to verify if i have it "right" according to the forum info to date.

the offer is for a 4.5* theater district amenitites incl. rest, fitness, hispeed internet, business, and spa. is this the westin?

as for the first two nights, ideally i'd be in midtown east, but given how easy transportation is in NYC, it doesn't seem absolutely necessary. because i CAN spend around $250, i'd like to spend that/get a 4+ hotel. unfortunately, the westin (i.e. the 4.5* described above) is not offered for 9/21-9/23 (nor for 9/21-9/25 period). if it were, i'd stay there the whole time. the best i'm coming up with for 9/21-9/23 (i.e. checking out 9/23) is the following:

MTE 4* for 224/night. rest, fitness, hisspeed internet, business. anyone know what this is?

the other options in the $200-$250 range are less than 4*, so i think this is the best of the bunch. think i should do a priceline bid for a 5*?

any suggestions for a newbie would be most welcome. thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

My best guess is that the 4.5* is indeed the Westin.

Please double check the amenities for the nites of 9/21-9/23. The amenties you list match a 3.5* offering... although the price and star rating you mention are there but shown with different ammenities than you listed (you probably just confused the two lines as you read across). If i'm correct, this is my guesses on those properties:

4* with Restaurant, Fitness, Business, Tennis is the Grand Hyatt

3.5* with Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business is the Roosevelt

Don't know how your company operates but that $224 rate will be pretty close to $250 by the time taxes and fees are added in... just something to keep in mind if the $250 allowance is including taxes and fees.

Going forward let's keep this thread for the stay of 9/21-9/23 and please start a new thread for 9/23-9/25. This will make it easier to represent each 'win' in the title and enable us to reamin consistent with the current format.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i got the 4.5* for 9/23&9/24. it IS the westin. so happy! this is consistent with the info already on the list, so no need to add anything, i don't think. let me know if i should.

i'm still homeless for 9/21 and 9/22. tried a priceline bid for $260 for 5*--no can do! (as for the tax issue, i can do around $250 before taxes and fees--could do slightly higher if need be--i.e. if i could get a 4.5 or 5* for slightly more, that'd be fine i think).

grand hyatt for $245/night doesn't sound too bad, but after getting a 4.5* for much less, it doesn't sound that good, either. the good news is that i have $250 to spend, so i'll stay in a decent place for sure. the bad news is that the options aren't all that fantastic for these particular nights--i.e. no major luxury for me.

if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! thanks!

Congratulations on your win.

I'm glad to know that you got what you expected and are happy with the results.

I'm going to edit the title of this thread to reflect your Westin win. Please start a new thread for your sitatuion for 9/21-9/23 (if you start a new thread you may want to say where you need to be in NYC for business... i, as well as a few others on the board, are local to the area so we can help with the best specific locations (subway, busses, taxi, etc) to get where you need to be.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]