Hotwire Hotel: 3* Reston-Sterling-Dulles Intl Airport IAD North Aloft Dulles North

vtorganix
By vtorganix,
in

Trying to land the Hyatt Fair Lakes.

Fairfax

Started at $40...Denied

Added Falls Church East at $45...Denied

Added Leesburg at $50...Denied

Added Sterling at $52...Denied

Added Manassas at $54...Denied

Hit a brick wall. Any flaws in my strategy? Any suggestions for moving forward?

Can I start "fresh" in Fairfax only bidding on a 3*, then adding Falls Church and Leesburg as necessary ??? I do not want to add Sterling or Manassas for a 3*

TIA

Something going on in this area tonight? Prices seem rather high - you're bidding for a 3* in the Fairfax area for $54; a 3* on HOTWIRE in Fairfax is $118 for this date and a 4* is $232; I just think a more realistic PRICELINE win for a 3* is going to more along the lines of $75-80 or above, based upon the rates I'm seeing.

The Hyatt Fair Lakes is $249 regular rate. Unfortunately, $54 is not going to be realistic.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Something going on in this area tonight? Prices seem rather high - you're bidding for a 3* in the Fairfax area for $54; a 3* on HOTWIRE in Fairfax is $118 for this date and a 4* is $232; I just think a more realistic PRICELINE win for a 3* is going to more along the lines of $75-80 or above, based upon the rates I'm seeing.

The Hyatt Fair Lakes is $249 regular rate. Unfortunately, $54 is not going to be realistic.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

It does seem that something must be going on in the Fairfax area. Based off of previous winning bids, I thought I would get "lucky".

I ALWAYS use the BB links, BTW :)

Just Booked the aLoft via Hotwire, posting soon.

Thanks.

J

Used the BB HOTWIRE link.

I attempted, in vain, to land a 3-3.5* in Fairfax via PL. Decided to give HW a try and couldn't pass up this deal, even though I could not determine with certainty what hotel I would en up with.

Amenities listed were:

Fitness Center

Pool

Laundry

High Speed Internet

Non-Smoking was NOT listed, may want to update the HW Hotel List.

Hotwire hot Rate:$39.00

Nights:1

Rooms:1

Subtotal:$39.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:$11.07

Total price:$50.07

Thanks to BB!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you are happy with the results - I think this is a terrific deal, and it may be fun to try out the new Aloft chain (a "lite" version of W Hotels) if you have not already.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link. Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]