Priceline Hotel: San Diego Help 9/16-9/18

kristineeeee
By kristineeeee,
in

Hi, I'm new to Priceline and this message board - I'm looking to stay in San Diego, CA from 9/16-9/18. I haven't been successful so far...

Here is what I did:

1) 4*, Rancho Bernardo, 9/16-9/18, $70

2) Added Coronado, $75

3) Added SD Coastal, $60

4) Added Downtown, $65

Was hoping to get Rancho Bernardo Inn, or Hyatt La Jolla (saw others get this for $49 in the summer!)... not sure what's going on - why nothing is being accepted for $65 :)

Any thoughts/advice/help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have seven RE-BID zones available when bidding 4* in this zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read the previous link and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Using re-bid zones you'll be able to continue bidding immediately, but to customize a strategy for you, when was the last time you bid the above and what is your maximum bid amount?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! Last time I bid was this afternoon.

I don't have a maximum bid amount - I guess it depends on the area I get. I don't mind paying a bit more for a nicer hotel/area. Thus, I bid more for Rancho Bernardo (the RB Inn), but less for Coastal because that's what the going rate is. I guess I'd like to pay under $80, but if it starts getting much more than that, I'd pay $110 for the Marriott Coronado (just because I heard it's super nice).

Thanks for all your help! This message board is great, by the way!

FYI: My preference is: 1) Rancho Bernardo Inn, 2) Coronado (long shot, i guess), 3) SD Coastal, 4) Downtown. Don't really want to stay anywhere else...!

THANKS THANKS THANKS!

Did you understand the part about re-bids and understand how you have seven of them?

Where are finding the $110 rate for the MARRIOTT? If you mean thru Priceline you'd be willing to pay that much, there is no guarantee that you would get that hotel (there is at least one other 4* hotel in that zone).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I think you mean that I can bid in most of the other SDiego zones as a "free rebid" because they do not have 4* properties?

Yes, I meant $110 on priceline for the coronado marriott - seems that most people have gotten that price, however, I know it is not guaranteed...

Thanks, I will try rebidding in the other zones...

This is how i would proceed (keep track of which re-bid zones you bid, write them down, for if you're not successful i think you're going to be willing to raise your price and we'll be able to continue bidding if you remember what re-bid zones you used):

Select 4* Downtown and one re-bid zone:

Bid $70, if rejected add Coastal and....

Bid $74, if rejected add Rancho Bernardo and...

Bid $77, if rejected add Coronado and...

Bid $80.

That will take you up to your $80 limit for any of those zones.

If the above is rejected, close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously:

Select 4* Coronado and one re-bid zone:

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and....

Bid $110.

If the above is rejected report back and let us know if you want to raise your bid amount for either the 'melody of zones' in the first section, raise you bid amount for the Coronado zone, lower your star rating for either, or do nothing.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help. I tried:

1) 4*, 9/16-9/18, Rancho Bernardo, Coastal, Coronado (and other rebid zones) up to $82

2) Finally decided to just splurge, bid $105, then $109 for Coronado. Got the Marriott Coronado.

Not quite the cheap deal I wanted, but I've heard the hotel is super nice and the price is good for this particular hotel, so hopefully it will be worth it!

Thanks again for everything!

If you're happy with the results... then we're happy. :)

Thanks for following-up your post with the outcome and keeping us updated as to your progress.

Please let us know how you like the hotel and consider adding some comments to our HOTEL REVIEW section upon your return... and if you have a digital camera take a pic or two and add them to RealHotelPhotos.com.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]