Priceline Hotel: 3* Lansing (East-Okemos) Marriott University Place

jdawsonpdx
By jdawsonpdx,
in

Bid History:

I was bidding on a 2.5 star hotel in East Lansing/Okemos. I had started the bidding at $40 about three weeks ago, and I have added $5 to a new bid every 3 or 4 days till I got to a $65 bid earlier today. Priceline rejected my $65 bid, but the rejection reported that if I added $17 to my $65 bid I could resubmit a new bid today (rather than waiting the mandatory 3 days). I did, and got the following "upgraded" hotel:

Congratulations, you got your price of $82 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 3-star hotel!

Hotel Name: Marriott East Lansing At University Place

300 M A C Avenue

East Lansing, Michigan 48823

517-337-4440

Check-In Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Check-Out Date: Saturday, November 27, 2004

Your Offer Price: $82.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $246.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $36.96

Total Charges: $282.96

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

Priceline's offer to give you another chance without waiting the required 3 days is what we refer to as a counter-offer and they can almost always be undercut. This process is discussed in more detail in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGESTS HOW MUCH TO PAY (although with no RE-BIDS available you would have had to wait the 3 days anyway as trying to undercut a counter-offer without changing dates, zones, star level, etc will always get rejected).

Enjoy your time in East Lansing (and although i'm a U-M fan, check out the MSU campus if you have time as it is indeed quite nice).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]