Priceline Hotel: Need help N.O. French Quarter 4* 5/21-5/26

MattB
By MattB,
in

Hi All,

Total newb (to the forum and to Priceline!), so hope I've got the format vaguely right on the topic title.. I'm traveling to New Orleans for a friend's wedding and my girlfriend and I will be staying for a couple of days after (5/21-5/26).. I read somewhere that it's very rare to bid successfully for more than four nights in a row with Priceline- true? We'd rather not have to change hotels if poss, so would it make more sense to go with Hotwire?

Anyway, assuming it's OK to use Priceline, what should I bid? $85/night's the limit.. I might be persuaded to go Downtown as well, but we'd rather be in the French Quarter.. We could also drop to 3*, but it looks like 4* might just be within our budget - so why not?!

Many thanks,

Matt

Welcome to the site (and to PRICELINE/HOTWIRE.)

In terms of back-to-back nights, I think the issue is more with certain cities (NYC) and certain seasons. Given how things are right now, places where 4 nights back-to-back used to be an issue - it isn't so much of an issue right now.

Anyways, given your budget, I'd start at $50 for a 4* in either downtown or the French Quarter, and then move up $5 to $55 24 hours later if $50 isn't accepted. There's a 4* for $77 in the downtown area on HOTWIRE, and a 4* in the French Quarter for $89, so keep those rates in mind when bidding on PRICELINE.

However, I don't think you're going to have to go much beyond $55-60 on PRICELINE (at least based upon current rates.)

Please use the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, and please feel free to ask any questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]