Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Airport West - Florida Mall) Baymont

uvasag
By uvasag,
in

I'm going to be in Orlando for 3 days before our cruise and after all the calculations a hotel with free shuttle service to theme parks seems cheaper than a vacation rental+car rental. HOTWIRE has the cheapest prices but how can I make sure the hotel I'm booking will provide free shuttle service to the theme park. Any particular star rating that I can go by or any other tips or tricks ? Thanks so much.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Hotels rated 3* or higher all have shuttle service to Disney in the "Disney Main Gate/Celebration Area" and "Lake Buena Vista /Downtown Disney" zones. There might be some that don't have. There is also hotels in other zones that got this service.

But since you have decided to use HOTWIRE can the board many times ID the hotel before you book it. And if we have a positive ID on the hotel you're looking at is easy to find out if the hotel got a shuttle or not.

But please take a look at HOTWIRE and decide what zone you would like to stay in and decide what star rating on the hotel you want. Start with this and we'll take it from there.

And please keep all future posts in thread.

YellowDog.

Thank you so much. I was looking at

HotPrice: $32 per room per night Neighborhood Name: 2.5-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area . Also, after calling up a couple of hotels in the main gate area it appears that they offer shuttles only once or twice in a day. The lady did say that they have a bus stop right on their property and I could use that. It's $2 per person and we are a party of 10. Does anybody know if this is a reliable way to go to Disneyworld ? We will be in orlando only for 2 days and then are taking a cruise. Because we are a party of 10 with 4 children in car seats if we have to rent a car it will have to be 2 cars and 4 car seats. How much would a cab cost ?

I think your best bet (for starters at least) is to try to reasonably identify a hotel on HOTWIRE and then determine the shuttle availability for that particular hotel.

For help in trying to identify the above property, please include the date(s) of your stay, as well as how many rooms, adults, and children you're including in your search (as changing the occupancy and/or number of rooms often changes some of the hotels offered)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

uvasag

Look at the amenties I have listed and compare them to the hotel you're looking at. Is this the same hotel?

2.5-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area ($29)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry Facilities

Tennis Nearby

YellowDog.

Yes the amenities are the same and the location is the same. The only difference is the price. It shows me price of $32. It is possible because of the dates. I selected dates of 13th Aug - 16th Aug. 3 rooms, 6 adults and 4 children. Thanks so much.

I'd wait for yellowdog to reply and comment with what he's thinking, but to get you started, i suspect he's going to guess that the above is the Seralago Hotel and Suites. So you can begin to research this property to see if it will suit your needs, then be able/ready to act once yellowdog adds his thoughts.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

uvasag

I'm with thereuare on this one. I belive this is the Seralago Hotel and Suites.

This is a nice hotel for kids. Separate kids pool, free breakfast with paying adult. And yes, the have a shuttle for Disney. Hotel is very close to the Disney area. And is located next to Old Town. You have plenty of restaurants around you. For transportation from airport is Mears in Orlando good for your big party.

Please use boards HOTWIRE link if you decide to book this hotel.

Have fun with Mickey!

YellowDog.

uvasag

I'm with thereuare on this one. I belive this is the Seralago Hotel and Suites.

This is a nice hotel for kids. Separate kids pool, free breakfast with paying adult. And yes, the have a shuttle for Disney. Hotel is very close to the Disney area. And is located next to Old Town. You have plenty of restaurants around you. For transportation from airport is Mears in Orlando good for your big party.

Please use boards HOTWIRE link if you decide to book this hotel.

Have fun with Mickey!

YellowDog.

Thank you so much guys. I just read the reviews for this hotel and to my surprise are very bad. People are saying the shower water is very cold, the room smells damp and musty and the sheets aren't changed everyday. Maybe only people with negative experience are posting reviews. Anyway, I was thinking that maybe I should also look into 2 star hotels so went to hotwire and today the rates are lower than last week. Also, a 3 star hotel is cheaper than 2.5 star hotel. Is there a time frame when I should be booking hotels ? Am I too early into this ? Also, can you help me place the 3 star hotel.

HotPrice: $29 per room per night

NeighborhoodName: 3-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area

Amenities : Smoke Free Room, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundary Facilities, High Speed internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activity Program .

In the details they are saying hotels like Holiday Inn, Radisson, DoubleTree, and other respected hotel brands.

Thank you and appreciate all your help. Yes will use the link to book the hotel room from hotwire.

Just went to HOTWIRE and the price is now $42 !!! A drastic change in couple of hours. I'll keep watching for the price to come down and post my results as soon as I book the hotel. Thanks.

Can you please help me identify this property. 2.5* SeaWorld - I-drive South Area . $36 per room per night. I saw a previous post by another person and they identified the property as Comfort Suites. Their travel date was in March though. This is $5 more per room as opposed to another property in the main gate area but this one offers free breakfast.

This hotel features the following amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Comfort Suites don't have a shuttle to the parks. I belive this was a main issue for you?

Do not copy/paste to your thread... post ONLY the icon names and not the full descriptions that go along with it as it will make your post easier for us to read.

Yellowdog.

Comfort Suites don't have a shuttle to the parks. I belive this was a main issue for you?

Do not copy/paste to your thread... post ONLY the icon names and not the full descriptions that go along with it as it will make your post easier for us to read.

Yellowdog.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply as always. Yes I was looking for shuttle services but later found out that even if hotels offer shuttle service it's only once or twice a day and it doesn't fit with the park's late hours. I have decided to either rent a car or book a taxi service.

Do you know if it's comfort suites ?

Just be aware that parking is not free inside WDW. If you live inside one of the resorts in WDW, then parking is free, as far as I know.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply as always. Yes I was looking for shuttle services but later found out that even if hotels offer shuttle service it's only once or twice a day and it doesn't fit with the park's late hours. I have decided to either rent a car or book a taxi service.

Do you know if it's comfort suites ?

Just be aware that parking is not free inside WDW. If you live inside one of the resorts in WDW, then parking is free, as far as I know.

Can somebody please help me identify the 2.5* hotel in Seaworld I-drive South area ? I think it's the comfort suites but not sure. I really would like to book a hotel as soon as possible as the rates seem to be going up as time passes. Thanks so much.

Yes, the amenities match Comfort Suites so that would be a possibility and a good guess.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog

Last one I promise. 2.5 * Orlando Airport West - Florida Mall Area . $28 per night.

Amenities : Free breakfast, fitness, pool(s), Business Center, Laundary, hi speed internet access . Looks like Baymont Inn by my research but please help.

Looks like the Baymont Inn and Suites.

Not a really a nice area if you don't have any special business there.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase, and let us know how it goes.

Yellowdog.

Yes it was !!! Just booked using the link and it is the Baymont Inns and Suites. $28 per room per night. Booked 3 rooms for a party of 10. Thank you so much for all your help and your patience while I researched the different options. You guys are the best. If you want me to post any additional info please let me know and I'll come back and update the thread.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]