Priceline Hotel: Jersey City, Philadelphia and DC in June...not sure how to go about fi

EastCoastHereWeCome
By EastCoastHereWeCome,
in

Hi,

My family and I are going on a trip in June. My brother lives in Jersey City and is getting married on June 5th. We already purchased our airline tickets. We will be flying from Phoenix to Washington DC, spending 3 nights there and then traveling up for the wedding. The hotel for the wedding is the Doubletree in Jersey City. We will be staying there for 2 nights. We want to stay 2 more nights in NYC or Jersey City within walking distance of the PATH. Then, we are going to Philadelphia for 2 days and then flying from Philadelphia to Phoenix.

I am looking for hotels in DC, Jersey City (or NYC) and Philadelphia. We do not want to rent a car. What is the best way to go about finding out where to stay that will be close to sightseeing? I especially have no idea how to save some money on our hotel but also be able to see NYC for a couple of days after the wedding. The rate at the doubletree is $169 but goes up to $269 after the wedding and I don't want to pay that!

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Melissa

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We'll use this thread for your Jersey City/New York City stay, feel free to start NEW TOPICS for your Washington DC and Philadelphia legs of your stay.

For Jersey City, what are the date(s) you need? What is your minimum star rating and maximum bid amount? How many are in your group?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!

Jersey City/NYC dates: June 4-7, 2009. We may stay in the Doubletree on June 4 and 5 since that is where the wedding party will be staying, but if I can find a better deal ($169) for the 4th and 5th, I would consider being in a different hotel. I definitely need a place with easy Manhattan (or in Manhattan) access on the 6th and 7th, checking out on the 8th.

Minimum star rating....I'm not very picky but I want to be safe. Without being very familiar with the ratings, I'd say 2.5* and above.

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids) but we will be sharing one room. My maximum bid is $115ish.

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, so it would still be a risk involved since you'll actually be five, but at least much less so than when only being guarnateed double occupancy and showing up with five.

How old are your children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]