Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) Parc 55

hookedontravel
By hookedontravel,
in

Given regular rates (which don't seem too high) and HOTWIRE rates (which seem fairly reasonable for San Fran and generally around the $100 mark), I'm pretty surprised that your bid wasn't accepted.

If USW is acceptable, I would try bidding for that, but start back lower and then work up to $100.

Please use the site's PRICELINE link and let us know if you have any questions.

Not sure of where specifically you need/want to be, but HOTWIRE has what is believed to be the Le Meridien for $109/nite, just over your budget and not too far from PRICELINE's boundary of the Union Square East zone, and the property gets consistently solid reviews (the first review there at the moment gave it 1* but if you read their review i think they made a mistake and thought that was the highest rating rather than 5*)

Would this work for your needs?

If not, what is your current maximum bid for a 4* in the USE zone before including the USW zone?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We would like to get ourselves as close to Union Square itself as possible (as far as our budget can take us that is). It would also help very much if we are close to a BART station or a cable car station. I know it sounds like I want everything but it's the last leg of our honeymoon and would like to end off in a great location, good hotel (without bursting our wallets :))

My current maximum bid for USE on Priceline is $95. About 1 month back, I went up to $100 and still didn't get a room. Should I wait for about another 2-3 weeks before I start bidding again (once again with a maximum bid of $95), or should I go low and start bidding at $70 upwards for USW? The reason why I am gunning hard for USE instead of USW is because I think some hotels in the USW region under Priceline can fall into the Nob Hill area, which is a bit too far for us (I understand this is clearly segregated in Hotwire but the rates in Hotwire are quite high too). Am I right to say that? If not, grateful for advice 'cos we have not been to SF.

I would try as follows:

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NOTE: there are others who know the area better than i do, and i don't know your plans to know why USE would be the best location for your nor have I looked to see if it is still offered, but if you haven't done so i'd look into the Le Meridien... just a few dollars over your budget, many of the reviews mention a great location, and it ranks 15th out of 250 hotels in the area based upon userfeedback... can't say it would work for your needs, but certain sounds like it has the makings of a 'great' hotel experience.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try as follows:

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NOTE: there are others who know the area better than i do, and i don't know your plans to know why USE would be the best location for your nor have I looked to see if it is still offered, but if you haven't done so i'd look into the Le Meridien... just a few dollars over your budget, many of the reviews mention a great location, and it ranks 15th out of 250 hotels in the area based upon userfeedback... can't say it would work for your needs, but certain sounds like it has the makings of a 'great' hotel experience.

Thanks. I did a lone bidding round for 4* USE up to $95 as suggested and wasn't able to get any deals. So I decided to extend my options to 4* USW.

$70 USW, USE

$75 added Marina

$80 added Civic Centre

$85 added South SF

Accepted by Parc 55 hotel, which was good because it's a stone's throw away from Hertz rental counter. I used the PRICELINE link from this website. Thanks for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]