Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - WP) $120 not accepted 9/14

lisaomay
By lisaomay,
in

I keep reading about free rebids and I guess I don't understand, since priceline would not let me offer more in the same zone. I put my first bid in at $120, Dupont Circle only, got nothing. When can I rebid, what should I do? I just got back from 5 days in DC, stayed at hotel George on one of their in house specials. $149/night tiny rooms, good staff, great location near Metro. I would stay anywhere in a safe neighborhood near the metro with 4* ameneties and $120 or under.

I'm trying for Dupont Circle area 9/14-9/17 would like Radisson Barcelo because other friends staying there. Read somewhere on this site Orbitz was offering this hotel for $110 but my request came up with $229. Is this hotel acceptable? How close to metro?

Omni Shoreham would be fine from what I'm reading, but that didn't come up with my priceline bid.

HELP!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you to KatiesMom for helping out! :)

Lisa, you haven't seen more than $120 needed in this area because in the past the Shoreham was almost a 'sure thing' in the zone. A check of the Shoreham's website indicates that they are sold-out for this date (although Expedia indicated rooms at $329/nite!)

Let us know if you want to raise your bid, lower your star level, or add other zone(s) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Radisson is a solid 3* hotel with extra large rooms, and very close to Dupont Circle. The Metro is an easy walk. It's showing $229 on both Orbitz and Radisson.com for a corporate rate suite, but Hotels.com has $160 for a "standard" room. It might be worth a try to see if Radisson.com would honor the lower rate as part of their lowest rate guarantee (in which case they would take 25% off the Hotels.com rate, taking the price down to $120), but the rooms/rate quotes very well may not be deemed to be equivalent.

If you would like to continue with Priceline and would like to stay in the same vicinity as your friends, you may want to consider 3* in the Dupont Circle/Woodley Park zone (all the 3* hotels in that zone are good). Or, if any 4* in a good area near a Metro would be preferable, any of the other zones within DC would work: Downtown/White House; Convention Center/Capital Hill; Georgetown/Foggy Bottom.

All the 4*hotels that have come up in all the zones mentioned are within walking distance of a Metro. Some are right at the Metro, others a 2, 3 or 4 block walk. I would feel very safe in the Georgetown/Foggy Bottom zone, safe in Downtown/White House, and safe for the most part in Convention Center/Capital Hill, but paying more attention to my surroundings.

Hard to say specifically though, because, for example, the most likely hotel to come up in the CC/CH zone is probably the Grand Hyatt, where the Metro is right below. I would feel completely safe with that, maybe safer than walking to one of the Georgetown/FB hotels, even though the latter zone is generally safer.

I would probably be the least worried about walking around in Dupont Circle/Woodley Park.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]