Priceline Hotel: Resort San Antonio (West) Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort

annafaie
By annafaie,
in

Bid History: I bid $75 in the Riverwalk North-Downtown area for a 4* and was denied

Added San Antonio Airport (SAT) and kept 4* for $80 and was denied

Added San Antonio East and kept 4* for $85 and was denied

Added San Antonio North - Stone Oak and kept 4* for $90 and was denied

Added San Antonio Northeast and kept 4* for $99 and was denied

Thought I added San Antonio South but actually added San Antonio West and kept the 4* for $105 and WON!

Taxes: $121.72 (2 rooms for 3 nights)

Added Insurance: $5/night per room

TOTAL: $781.72 (2 rooms for 3 nights)

I wasn't paying attention on my last bid and accidentally chose San Antonio West and won because though they don't have a 4* in that area, but they DO have a RESORT.

Basically, I wanted to stay on the Riverwalk but ended up to the West at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort And Spa. I am more than happy with the accomodations...it's just not the area I was planning. I could complain (and I did call Priceline) but really the fault is all mine. I DID get 4* or higher in an area I searched. Oh well. We are going to love it I'm sure. I'm just concerned that my parents (who I booked a room for as well) will be none too happy. They are Riverwalk-only-kind-of-people so pray for me :) I'm in my 30s and I'm scared my mom will get mad at me....lol!

Lessons learned: pay attention for every bid, don't offer to book for your parents if they are picky.

Oh, and I used the BB PRICELINE link to book! Thanks for all the great info in this forum!!!

Thanks! Anna

Congratulations(??) on your success!

Sorry to hear that you made a mistake in your re-bid zone, but glad to see you're able to "go with the flow" and can make this work for your plans... maybe treat your mom to a massage (or some other service) at the Spa and she'll be able to adapt just as easily.

In the future you can try using Re-Bidding.com to doublecheck/confirm your re-bid zones.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and don't let your mom give you too hard a time :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]