Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

eripey
By eripey,
in

This is my first ever post...so lets see if I get this correct.

Here is the rate straight from Hilton Hawaiian for my dates.

BEST AVAILABLE RATE BEST UNRESTRICTED RATE

169.00 USD RESORT ROOM 2 DOUBLE BEDS

209.00 USD OCEAN VIEW 2 DOUBLE BEDS

239.00 USD DELUXE OCEAN VIEW 2 DOUBLE BEDS

269.00 USD RAINBOW OCEAN FRONT 2 DOUBLE BEDS

249.00 USD 2 DBL BEDS ALII RESORT ROOM

339.00 USD ALII TOWER 2 DOUBLE BEDS OCEANVIEW

279.00 USD DIAMOND HEAD 1 KING OR 2 DBLS 1 BDRM SUITE

169.00 USD RESORT ROOM

What would be a good bid? $85???

Thanks.

Okay, did a little more research. There is a 4 star hotel (waikiki marina area) on Hotwire for 139, and it looks pretty close to what is described on the HOTWIRE hotel description. I did a little reading that making a smart bid is 15% off hotwire's list price and %30 off the lowest price found anywhere else.

So from that I concluded that, 15% off 139 from Hotwire is about 118 a night, and 30% off the listed lowest price on Hilton Hawaiian site is 169 for this date period is about 118 as well. So it looks like 118 might get an accepted bid. What does everyone think?

Should I just start at $100 and go increments of $5 until reached to $118?

any input would be greatly appreciated. I will probably put in the bid tonight using the PRICELINE links on this site since I used the resources to maybe win a price for a cheap hotel room :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

just wanted to add that the main reason this resort is nice is becuase I have 2 kids which are 4 and 6...
Are you only searching for one room? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy (and i'm assuming if only purchasing one room) you'll be triple/quad occupancy... it's possible that you receive a room with only one bed and the hotel may not be able, or willing, to switch your room to one with two beds, or if they will do a room change, they could charge extra for the more than double occupancy.

Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, but it usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I was only searching for 1 room. I thought usually a room can accomodate 2 adutls and 2 children? on the Hawaiian Village website, the 169 price has the option for two beds as well for 169.

Even the hotwire price of $137 a night right now shows up in the waikiki marina. I looked at the hotwire hotel list but doesn't have the marina area for 4 stars. But it does have the 4 star in waikiki beach area, its the only one with the golfing, so I assume its the Hilton Hawaiian?

It would be nice staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. What kind of price could be had for the resorts for waikiki beach? My main concern is finding something that is kid friendly, I like the Hilton becuase of the pools and the lagoon.

What do you think? I sure hope priceline means by double occupancy means 2 adults and can have 2 children.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, meaning they guarantee the room can accomodate two people, after that, it's at the discretion of the hotel.

Some hotels consider rooms with two beds an 'upgrade' and/or charge extra for more than double occupancy, so you could be charged an additional fee at check-in if the hotel is able, and willing, to accomodate your request for a room with two beds. As well, if the hotel is busy, they may not have a room with two beds to accomodate you. Basically it's a calculated risk and one that you'll need to decide if you're willing to take.

If the above is not acceptable, you could try HOTWIRE will allows you to search for up to quad occupancy which would esnure sleeping accomodations for everyone you include in your search (often this means a room with 2 beds, although the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway cot, etc) If there is a HOTWIRE hotel you're interested in identifying (or confirming what you believe it to be) please list the full amenities associated with the property being offered.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Help ID 4* Waikiki Marina Area

136 per night 2 adults, 2 children

Hotel details

Star rating: 4-star

Check-in date: Mon, Jun 1

Check-out date: Wed, Jun 10

Price summary

Hotel rate per night: $136.00

Nights: 9

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $1,224.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $159.98

Total price: $1,383.98

This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurants

Business Center

High-speed Internet Acess

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

My best guess that it would be the Hilton Hawaiian Village...Need Help ID'ing this. Thanks

The above is a match for the Hilton Hawaiian Village so that would be our best guess.

If you'd still like to bid and PRICELINE, and we wouldn't want to suggest a strategy which went higher than you were willing to bid, let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

thereuare,

Okay, I am willing to bid on resorts in the marina and waikiki beach area. What kind of bidding recommendation do you advise. I was thinking about starting at $75?

I was looking at other posts and you have a pretty helpful way of a bidding strategy, can you do the same with me if you have time?

thanks.

update to my bids is as follows. I was willing to stay at a resort in waikiki beach area, but sadly here are my results.

Select Resort Marina and waikiki beach area...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Marina and waikiki beach area and re-bid zone4...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Marina and waikiki beach area and re-bid zone5...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $110

so I was rejected up to 110. any more suggestions?

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal for this property... espeically for a nine nite stay! Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Does anyone know if there is a resort fee for the sheraton? I know about the parking fee, but I noticed somewhere that some resorts in Hawaii have resort fees. and also are there any coupons that anyone knows for free parking or any other pointers?

there is no Fee but you will have to pay parking.

and there is construction currently taking place at that hotel. pool construction is completed though so your kids will swim plenty.

use twenty dollar trick at check in ... keep the kids in the car while u check in.. ask for possibility of 2 double beds.

there is no Fee but you will have to pay parking.

and there is construction currently taking place at that hotel. pool construction is completed though so your kids will swim plenty.

use twenty dollar trick at check in ... keep the kids in the car while u check in.. ask for possibility of 2 double beds.

I guess the parking fee makes up for the no resort fee.

How does the 20 dollar trick work at check in? Just ask for a free upgrade showing a a $20? Never did that before.

I wasn't worried about the construction (I believe the only thing going is the lobby which is finished in Sept 2009)...the main thing that I chose this was the finished product of the pool. I was mainly looking for something kid friendly and I found it! :)

Or you could call in advance and ask politely if any upgrades are available....either way. :)

PS - I can't believe the $20 trick has a website devoted to it.

That is funny, didn't even know it had its own name either, lol. I was thinking about calling ahead of time as well...maybe I will do both. Either I will let everyone know how it goes over the phone and the over the counter $20.

• 2 weeks later...

hehehe :)

its proven... 60% of the time its works everytime.

just be sleek about it and be friendly :) once you are booked through PRICELINE, you are in their hotel system and your room is not attributed yet. The clerk in front has the power to decide if you have a nice room or a shitty room. the 20$ makes it just a little sweeter. I use it all the time.. let me know if they give you a ocean view room.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]