Priceline Hotel: Trying to bid for 9/24-9/27

andrusyna
By andrusyna,
in

Hi,

I've been trying to bid for the 5* strip property (likely the Venetian) for the weekend of Friday 9/24 - Monday 9/27, unsuccessfully. It looks like Friday and Sunday are reasonable, but Saturday at the Venetian is over $400. Any suggestions? I've been looking for a backup reservation that I can cancel if priceline works out as well - I can get Luxor for $189 avg. nightly rate for that weekend. Cheaper prices all seem to include cancellation fees.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've bid up to $165 per night for the 5* on Priceline. I am open to just getting it for Sunday night, or Friday night, and staying somewhere else the other 2 nights.

Thanks in advance!

Only amenities listed are restaurtant and pool.

That weekend seems pretty expensive. I can get Venetian on hotwire for $189 for Friday night, and then Treasure Island for around 165 a night for Sat and Sunday, that seems pricy - but it's on the strip.

This is my first time in Vegas, so I'm not sure about off strip hotels, etc.

If you go with the above route i would sooner book the non-Venetian nites at Bally's for $189 (Sat) and $149 (Sun) as i like the location better.

The 3.5* could be the Alexis but that property has never come up before with only those two amenites, so i wouldn't be the ranch on it.

I believe the Bally's rate i mention above is fully cancellable directly thru their website (double-check) and i would book that as a back-up while you continue to try Priceline/Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would split the nites just from the standpoint that the Venetian is such a unique place i would try to stay there at least one nite. As well, changing hotels is very easy in Vegas as most are so close together. If you have luggage with wheels you could easily (for most people) walk after checking-out of the Venetian to Ballys.

My recommendation above for Bally's was based upon location, price and value. As well, rates in Vegas change very fast, so booking thru the hotel locks you into the current price while you can still continue to search (and try Priceline/Hotwire) for a better price (and also continue to watch Bally's for a price drop too).

I have posted some pictures of the Venetian at RealHotelPhotos.com.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]