RENTAL CAR HELP AT IAH

bturner13
By bturner13,
in

Would appreciate assistance on renting a mid-size car for a month (split into 2--15 day contracts due to insurance limits on many credit cards) in Houston, TX. Am concerned about some of the Codes used (especially AVIS--A153700 & D002807) by folks on that other board and grief they have at the Rental Car Counter. Hotwire is showing $21/day ++.

As always, Thanks! :)

b, I've used D002807 several times and never a problem. Would you email me a link to the discussion you mentioned?

Avis offers a full size on your dates for $21.

Expedia shows Thrifty and Dollar for around $20, full size.

I think you should bid no more than $15 for a full size on PL (no more than $13 if you insist on mid size), otherwise just book the above conventionally. No reason whatsoever to go with Hotwire at $21.

b, thanks for the link, I was glad to see that the discussion was about a code other than D002807. So they were trying to use an employees-only code, doh!

I agree that you should be more careful when booking for someone else. Considering that the published rates are so low right now, just book those. At least as a backup reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]